ICASA?

Matters of general interest
Biggles
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

ICASA?

Postby Biggles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

So what is the process now?

Dump money in thier account and hope for the best? Keep proof of payment?

How much for the 5 year license?
Trike pilot

Aerotrike Scout
ZU-DNP
coline
First solo

Re: ICASA?

Postby coline » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 am

Fill in the form off their site. Best to phone and make contact to copy that person on you mail submitting the form. Lot of contact numbers on the aviation sites. (I got hold of a Deon in Bloem, very helpful) they mail you the invoice, you pay and a few weeks later you have your 5 year licence. Not much of a schlep.

Colin
Wallaby
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Re: ICASA?

Postby Wallaby » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Colin is right. Fill in form on Icasa website and then contact Icasa nearest to you and get the email address of the person responsible and send him/her the completed form. They are actually very helpful. I haven't had any problems with them. It is a struggle to find the form on their website, but you'll get it under legislation and regulations in the top bar. In dropdown menu, go to licencing and compliance and then go to licensees and then to individual licenses and click on that. Then there is a menu on the left side and go to Engineering and technology and under that is a drop menu for Radio Frequency Spectrum Licensing and click on that and that will open a box with the different licenses and then you choose the form for Aircraft Application.
So it is quite a struggle to get to the correct form.

Hope this helps.
Life- I did it my way.....
The world is not enough!
- Manie Rossouw