Motorkyte Dreamin - Video Series

Matters of general interest
FDB
Looking at the sky

Motorkyte Dreamin - Video Series

Postby FDB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 am

Interesting series of two Auzzies that dreamed of crossing Oz in Trikes.
https://www.redbull.tv/show/AP-1MSWGQYT ... e-dreaming
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Motorkyte Dreamin - Video Series

Postby Madman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:57 am

Love it, thanks for sharing...makes me want to do a seriaaasss cross country =D*

<*>
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
okflyer
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Motorkyte Dreamin - Video Series

Postby okflyer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Tx a lot for the link ^*^^ ^*^^ ^*^^ ^*^^
I have been fortunate to go to down under a few times. To me, it offers everything I love.
Big uncrowded areas, fantastic landscapes (from cold wet rainforest to desserts, huge trees, topical wetlands and warm rainforests in the northern territory), warm/hot climate and best of all:
Lovely people with an enormous sense of humor and mostly quite educated (even in the most remote locations).
No speaking of the fantastic wildlife (Buffaloes, Roos, Crocs, wild horses, Lizards etc. )
Well, SA is hard to beat in this category, but Australia is not far behind.
A lot of young Aussies have been around the world after school (the biggest group on the Oktoberfest after the Italiens, but definitely the biggest (happy) drinkers).
Not blaming the US, but Aussies prove that it is possible to live on a remote Island and still be apart and aware what is going on outside the home country border.
Never met anyone outside the few big cities that wasn’t helpful and in a good mood without having a hidden agenda to obtain tips or profit.
The situation of the indigenous people in a lot of place is still difficult, but there are posive signs of improvement.

Alas, the costs have exploded there in the last 10 years, I was lucky to see a lot of the fantastic places before it wasn’t affordable anymore.
Would love to do some flying there myself (I did not had a license while being there), but did some chopper rides (Pinnacles and Esperance) and a fantastic flight with a Beaver on floats over the Darwin harbor and the mangrove coastland. Never assumed at this time that I would fly seaplanes as well later in my life.

Australia and SA have a lot in common. Warm climate leads mostly to a relaxed view on the daily problems.
Myself, coming from a culture where we even have a words for the daily worries "Lebensangst, Weltschmerz" this is more than refreshing.
Braai / Barbie, Sun and a cold beer, what do you need more in life?
(!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!) (!!)
To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything." Otto Lilienthal (1848-1896) ..Wir fliegen die Strecke bei jeder Witterung! http://carbonrotor.jimdo.com/