GT FLYCOM OVERHAULED ME!

Matters of general interest
BIRD
Looking at the sky

GT FLYCOM OVERHAULED ME!

Postby BIRD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:14 pm

So a few months ago I was tired of having my trike look sad and forlorn.

Flimsy old panniers, dirty wing, rusty exhaust, wiring that was dodgy as heck and things bolted all over her and no real pod/panel to speak of.

I contacted Gerrit from GTFLYCOM and told him my woes. We tossed a few ideas round, worked out a budget and I then decided that it wwas now or never.
Gerrit collected my trike from me and took her to his workshop to begin the process of getting her looking like the picture I had in my head.

After a complete stripdown we uncovered a few problems with the motor (enough carbon in that engine to require a mass and balance calculation be redone :oops:
He completely redid the engine,starter etc and got her running like a beast .

He was very reluctant to part with any pictures during the process but the few I did manage to get from him were enough to get me giddy with excitement.

After a while I got the Call, "shes ready" and delivery took place just over a week ago. I'm still not convinced the trike that returned was in fact the one I gave him.
The work done was amazing, new paint, carbon, I had a pod that had insturments on that worked! starter that actually worked when required.. engine that purrs.

I now have what is arguably the nicest Windlass in the country! And all the engine work was certainly worth it too... totally different aircraft.

I had spats and winglets done , shes far more stable and getting way better speeds out of her now.

Throw in the 2 new GT helmets I got, and my trike is now an absolute joy to fly.. Filled the tanks and did 2.5 hours on Friday alone...

Thanks to Gerrit, quality work sir.

Will post a before and after pic as soon as I can...
BIRD
Looking at the sky

Re: GT FLYCOM OVERHAULED ME!

Postby BIRD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm

A few before PICS
Attachments
IMG_6771.JPG
Before
IMG_6772.JPG
Before 2
BIRD
Looking at the sky

Postby BIRD » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:20 pm

AFTER
Attachments
15578955_1418451638166425_824985256910289515_n.jpg
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:19 pm

It looks great! (^^) did they get you the reg MIB to go with the black :mrgreen:
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Emiel Thysse
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Emiel Thysse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Goodlooking trike. I also recently bought a trike from Gerrit. Still happy too this day! Enjoy!

See my post under aircrafts for sale. "Gtflycom testamonial"
Emiel Thysse
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 am

GT Flycom just finshed off my trike with a pre ATF workover... The attention to detail is out of this world... Not quite sure where Gerrit put my old and sad looking trike, cause there is a brand new one sitting in my hangar...

Gerrit has redefined excellence in this arena... I recommend GT Flycom to anyone who needs anything done...

Gerrit is working under the guidance of Flo Momberg as he builds the relevant hours towards his own status as an AP, so everything is done completely by the book and you get a practicallynew airie at the end of it all...
Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:58 am

All my work done on trikes is 100% legal and i always get id double checked, i believe in the 4 eye principle. And in doing things the right way.

So guys let me do a nice service and pre ATF inspection to ensure a 1st time ATF and safe trike.
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Let's wake up every day to a perfect day of microlighting!