NEW Frequency morningstar

Matters of general interest
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

NEW Frequency morningstar

Postby greg vos » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Guys please help, a few days ago I was hammered by a ground station as I was approaching Morningstar, I was transmitting on TIBA East 124.8, the station was a bit unfriendly in telling me off :shock: and that it is now included in the Delta 200 124.4

So in the line of uncertainty I was monitoring both and transmitting on both (just in case) not wanting to get into a debate on the air I went onto the coast to enjoy the flight.

Last weekend I was again flying over that area coming this time from FACT so coming off 118.1 the TIBA East was next and I was this time reminded by a friendly aircraft in the area that from Sunday (last week) the frequency change will be official?

If so?? Im still battling to find reference from the CAA on this, and then also the boundaries for the now new Delta 200?
Please can the guru's who know that area let me have the new GPS co ords for the Delta 200 if this has now been officially implemented.

About a year ago I saw a draft proposal document from Albert (heli pilot at M/star) that was sent to all for comment about the inclusion of Morningstar into the D200, I also know there is talk of FAYP taking on TIBA West but at this stage I am in the dark.

I will of course be hugely :oops: :oops: if I have missed the official communication and open myself up for a bit of name calling :|
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: NEW Frequency morningstar

Postby greg vos » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Ok no issue!!

I got a mail from the new bossman at Morningstar
Below: From Ross L
Morningstar’s frequency changes at the next AIP publication, which it seems is early January. Our safety committee member will send out an email to all W Cape aviators when that happens.

(^^)
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
stevenoc
Found a flight school

Postby stevenoc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:40 am

So is it in effect immediately, or does it come into effect with the publication?
Biggles
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Biggles » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 am

Morningstar website still says 124.8. No mention in NOTAMs
Trike pilot

Aerotrike Scout
ZU-DNP