Resignation as Chairman (Resolved)

Matters of general interest
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Resignation as Chairman (Resolved)

Postby John Boucher » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi everybody...

Just a notification informing you that I have resigned as Chairman of MISASA.

Rowena Kraidy is acting as Chairman until the return of Donald Hicks who is on leave at the moment.

JB
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Resignation as Chairman

Postby vernon11 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Gee John.
Sorry to hear that. Are you leaving MISASA all together?
Regards,
Vernon. (^^)
Jean Crous
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jean Crous » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:29 pm

:( :( :( En nou John ?????
Jean
The new front seat solo Cubby MK2 powered by Rotax 912 S 100hp
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
SACAA Approved Person 402
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:26 am

A big loss to MISASA... :(

I am worried and dismayed by some elements of the current EXCO who seem to believe they speak for everyone when blurting out their compositions? With all due respect to previous service and efforts....I think some seats have been occupied for far too long. ##

Thanks for always going the extra mile JB... (^^)

Some build bridges, others build barriers...when there are enough of the latter there will be nowhere to move forward to?

I would advise these persons to reflect carefully and decide whether their continued presence is helping to forge a way forward for MISASA...or are they instead constructing it's tomb?
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:32 am

Thanks to John and others who have and still volunteer their free time and expense to pursue and safeguard the interests of the silent members.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:06 pm

I second that Tumbleweed. (^^)
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks for all your effort John. We definately going to miss you. I think its time to kom drink ietsie saam met jou in Mosselbaai!!!

Cheers for now.
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Yes. Waneer gaan ons 'n paar Slings en ander af vat Mossel Bay toe? John can buy us some rum.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Save the rum for another post Gents.

This is disturbing news and as a MISASA member, I would like to know what is this?

Microlight flying, as it is for us private aviators, has become a 5 hours on the ground operation for every hour in the air.

Please keep us posted.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm

My eerste inskrywing op die wonderlike forum sal seker bevraagteken word maar ek is al jare 'n draadsitter en het hier al soveel geleer van mense se passies, hartseer en natuurlik, vlieg.

Ek het nog altyd aandagtig gelees as John Boucher iets skryf en wonder nou eintlik oor die hele "herrie" van sy bedanking as voorsitter. Ek ken hom nie persoonlik nie, maar al die prys wat hy ontvang vir sy onbaatsigtige opoffering, wil dit voorkom of daar dinge is wat lol :( Dit lyk asof Bundy meer insig het oor die toedrag van sake... wat het nou eintlik gebeur vra ek nou? ##

Wil iemand nie asseblief vir ons so bietjie meer inligting gee oor die toedrag van sake? :roll:

Daar is sekerlik ander ouens op die komittee wat of hulle opinie kan gee of wil hulle ook maar eerder stilbly?
As die son sak oor die vlaktes
Versoet ons die belofte & warmte met
Brannies & Eish, ja, met Eish!
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Welkom TimJan. (^^)
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Baie dankie falconp1 ...
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:59 am

vhpy
Elke dag leer ons nuwe woorde.! Die mees onlangste waarmee ek in aanraking gekom het is: ' faksiegevegte'
As een van die gewone ouens wie gereeld vlieg vir die lekkerte, lewe ek in n wereld van ongekompliseerdheid sover Mikroligte-vlieg aan betref.
Iewers is daar toegewyde persone wie hulle tyd opoffer, om op n hoer vlak, dinge vir ons as 'Recreational Pilots' moontlik te maak deur ons sport te organiseer en te help reguleer.
Vir daardie persone, en ongelukkig ken ons gewone ouens julle nie almal nie, se ek dankie vir die voorreg om gereeld in my trike te kan klim en myself te geniet.
Baie sterkte vir die pad vorentoe en hou my asb in die lug solank as moontlik met die minste 'schlep'
Gooi vir julself n Bells.
(^^)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
TimJan
Thinking of flying

Postby TimJan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Ek moet met jou saamstem Blue Max .... die geweldige opoffering van vrywilligers (in enige organiasie bygese) word so dikwels vanself sprekend aanvaar, wat nog te se as daar op hoe vlak probleme uitgesorteer moet word en wat almal definitief raak. Ek het probeer agter die kap van die byl kom en dit is vir my ooglopend dat die voorsitter bedank het na die volgende kommunikasie wat aan lede gestuur is...
Editor Unplugged.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" = "I came; I saw; I conquered,"

This famous phrase is attributed to Julius Caesar, in a letter to the Roman Senate around 47 BC, after he had achieved a quick victory, in his short war against Pharnaces II of Pontus, at the Battle of Zela.

Just three words! It should be a moment of triumph, but instead, it is a moment for resolve for change.

Bureaucracies, if they endure, tend toward aristocratic forms of governance. This insight has credence in South African recreational aviation. Putting together the event at Tedderfield, led to the discovery of public servants, acting as if they are the ruling class within an entrenched hereditary royalty. They act exclusively in their self-interest as an entrenched bureaucracy without a second thought for service delivery to the people that they serve.

All is not lost. Compare the following:
1. The Police Colonel whose work ethic, in the provision of services, was astounding. His response to the need for a SASREA Act Certificate was to take charge and help us to meet all the requirements. Not only did he advise but he joined the team and travelled to other service providers to explain why this event was important to the local community and why they should assist us to meet the requirements fully.
2. The aviation bureaucrats who made demands; Some threatened to shut us down, fine us, ramp inspect every plane, fine pilots and us as organisers. They sat in their offices and did not lift a finger to assist, advise or be of service.

It is amazing to think that people who assume that we cannot afford to pay for marquee peg inspectors think that we can also afford to pay for bureaucrats to administer an endless list of hurdles to aviation camaraderie. What I think is demanded is that we smile and act stupid so that no one is confused. Let me summarise what the above two mindsets illustrate.

1."I believe that it may be cloudy. Let us go together to the Galaxy Inspector and get him to understand that it is important to the community that the stars are allowed to shine for them as their representatives have busted their butts for the opportunity for them to dance beneath the stars."

2."Will the stars shine? Have you got a signed letter from the galaxy inspector? If you do not, I will order the clouds in to block the stars, and you will fail, go to jail and cease to exist so that I will not be disturbed when I am sitting here looking out the window."

From us, I would like to thank the South African Police, The local Council, The TAF staff, The Tedderfield Trustees Committee and the staff, the agents appointed by the Tedderfield Committee and the Aero Club. Your assistance, guidance and leadership were inspirational.

To all those that feared censure and who did not see why they should fly into the mouth of a day of ramp inspections and bureaucracy, please join us next time as we now understand the game plan of the aristocratic/bureaucratic aviation authorities and their agents.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

Our thanks too, to our suppliers and members that came and enjoyed the day. We hope that more of our members will believe that we can take on, and win the day, in the face of the demands of the Galaxy Inspectors.
Persoonlik dink ek dit dwaas om handskoene uit te trek en Burgerlugvaart en dies meer te probeer sleg te se en aan te vat... kan dit dan ook aanvaar word dat dit die hele komitee se siening is aangesien daar na kollektiewe "ons" vewys word in die stuk... truerige toedrag van sake as dit so is!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:59 am

Welcome to TimJan and thank you for being rather observant....

Firstly, thank you to all those that have supported me (telephone calls, in this thread, on social media and per e-mail), asked me to withdraw my resignation and continue in my position and most of all the POSITIVE engagement I was busy with - the said "bureaucracies, agents and galaxy police"... I assume I should now also refer to myself as an appointed "agent" too?

A lot has been said, lots of opinions (serious difference opinions at that) and a lot of conjecture. Let me state that I strongly objected to this mailshot/message (under the MISASA banner) that was conveyed to all and sundry and a major contributing factor to me stepping down. Let me state further that is also not the viewpoint of the whole committee, well at least for those that were prepared to put pen to paper - maybe some of them will drink some Red Bull and say what they feel but really, no one is obligated. Their silence is their choice. However, before my autocratic management style is/was perceived to "destroy" MISASA and its committee, this to the immense detriment of its members, step down and back and inevitably away.

I do have this last comment (besides the content below) - Gone are the days where you as microlight pilot or aviator just want to do as you please, fly without boundaries, rules and regulations. CAA and the regulators are not playing games. How we treat each other and how we not only comply to regulatory requirements, but how we interact and air our opinions iro of said "bureaucracies, agents and galaxy police" will determine the way forward and exactly how amicable the outcome will be.

I urge all to read the following...

http://raasa.co.za/SPECIALAIREVENTS/SAE ... t%20v4.pdf
http://raasa.co.za/SPECIALAIREVENTS/SASREA.pdf
b) It remains the responsibility of the event organiser, property owner, main sponsor and their agents to familiarize themselves and comply with the following legislation as applicable;
i) Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act (Act 2, of 2010)
j) Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85, of 1993)
k) Disaster Management Act (Ac, 57, of 2002)
l) Fire Brigade Services Act (Act 99, of 1987)
m) South African Police Service Act (Act 68, of 1995)
n) Liquor Act (Act 59, of 2003)
o) Explosives Act (Act 15, of 2003)
p) Civil Aviation Act (Act 13, of 2009) As well as the Regulations issued in terms thereof;
q) Any regional or local bylaws incidental to the planning and organizing of an event.
r) SA-CARS and CATS
s) The contents of this manual.

When you have got your head around all that ... then understand that up until the Wednesday before the event referred to - none of the legal requirements were in place for this event.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil: