Steven Roe

Matters of general interest
Nkwazi
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Steven Roe

Postby Nkwazi » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:34 pm

For all my flying friends. If you haven't already heard the terribly sad news, Steven Roe was killed in his microlight whilst spraying sugarcane in Kwazulu Natal on Friday morning. Steve was one of the pioneers of microlighting in South Africa. Steve trained many of today's instructors and countless students (me included) that have subsequently tasted the freedom of our big blue South African skies. He had logged more than 8000 flying hours and was a very experienced crop sprayer. We would like to honour our fellow aviator and mate with a mass flyover and missing man formation from Petit Airfield on Saturday 9th April. The basic plan is to have a briefing at Petit at 0700 followed by a take off for a rendezvous at Sentrarand. Loose formations will then be formed for a mass flyover directly over the field and Andy Kaspersen will do the missing man breakaway. Safety will be our main priority and separation distances, speeds, etc will be sorted out at the briefing. Snacks, Boerie rolls and drinks will follow at the airfield. If you're available please join us to pay our respects to an altogether good bloke. Please let me know if you're available so that we can plan for numbers. We look forward to seeing you all to celebrate Steve's life.
ZU-BFS Aquilla
ZU-SMC Cheetah
Benoni
Impukane Nkwazi
MISASA Treasurer
Paul Meanwell
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Steven Roe

Postby Paul Meanwell » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 am

I'll be there
Drink Triple,
See Double,
Act Single!
Nkwazi
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Nkwazi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 am

There will be an informal gathering at Sharon's house on Friday 7th April at 1600. 16 Sunderland str, Airfield, Benoni.
ZU-BFS Aquilla
ZU-SMC Cheetah
Benoni
Impukane Nkwazi
MISASA Treasurer
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:30 am

Nkwazi wrote:For all my flying friends. If you haven't already heard the terribly sad news, Steven Roe was killed in his microlight whilst spraying sugarcane in Kwazulu Natal on Friday morning. Steve was one of the pioneers of microlighting in South Africa. Steve trained many of today's instructors and countless students (me included) that have subsequently tasted the freedom of our big blue South African skies. He had logged more than 8000 flying hours and was a very experienced crop sprayer. We would like to honour our fellow aviator and mate with a mass flyover and missing man formation from Petit Airfield on Saturday 9th April. The basic plan is to have a briefing at Petit at 0700 followed by a take off for a rendezvous at Sentrarand. Loose formations will then be formed for a mass flyover directly over the field and Andy Kaspersen will do the missing man breakaway. Safety will be our main priority and separation distances, speeds, etc will be sorted out at the briefing. Snacks, Boerie rolls and drinks will follow at the airfield. If you're available please join us to pay our respects to an altogether good bloke. Please let me know if you're available so that we can plan for numbers. We look forward to seeing you all to celebrate Steve's life.
I'll drive through...
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD