AG NEE MANNE

Matters of general interest
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

AG NEE MANNE

Postby Blue Max » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:30 pm

:shock:
Whats happening?
Why is the forum so dead.?
Stay loyal to Microlighters, I dont want to read about Microlights at three different places. (**)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Re: AG NEE MANNE

Postby Madman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am

Blue Max wrote::shock:
Whats happening?
Stay loyal to Microlighters, I dont want to read about Microlights at three different places. (**)
Yeah, it sucks :!: :!: :!:

Microlighters used to be so much fun, so full of energy...now everybody looks to facebook..

Perhaps the Mods should change the look of MIcrolighters, add an option to load vid's and the pic's should not be restricted to 100kb as many people does not know how to shrink pics or use a pic resizer.. ##

I love logging on to microlighters, I have it as a homepage.Funny enough you can see the few active members..this should change, surely there are plenty pilots out there logging on to this page ##

What happened on this day...now you will be lucky if there are more than 10 online at the same time..people login more as a guest then as their username..is julle bang ons sien julle is op microlighters :lol:
Attachments
ML.JPG
WOW...what happened on this day???!!!
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:13 am

Blue Max wrote::shock:
Whats happening?
Ek stem saam.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:42 am

Times are a changing. What about a Microlighters WhatsApp group . Just an idea.
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
klein
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby klein » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:55 am

Tegnologies gestrem. My tel kan net bel en sms stuur. vhpy

Please don’t let this forum die !!!
I have slipped the surely bonds of earth, and danced the sky’s on laughter-silvered wings ------- Keith Ferris
flybynite
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby flybynite » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:05 pm

I agree. I love this forum because we have little politics and swollen heads!

How about sending a pic of your hangar, aerie or favourite flying area to get the ball rolling.................

Regards

Larry
Attachments
Rainbow Air School Ladysmith.jpg
Rainbow Air School Ladysmith.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
flybynite
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby flybynite » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:16 pm

One or two more........
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG (17.09 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
100_1298.jpg
100_1298.jpg (20.89 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:33 pm

The forum has become quiet. 1 reason (for me specifically) was that I used to be able to stay logged on indefinitely and as such if I hit the URL I was automatically logged in. Now its a mission to log in so in the five minutes that I have / had, to browse, its easier to browse when not logged in except you cant post. So I don't. And yes... I've clicked the log me on automatically box... Perhaps Tailspin can help on that subject.

If you looked at Numbi this year it was awesome and very busy, I guess okes are moving with the times and perhaps Facebook is the preferred method. I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't know. Some okes came on here, got their batteries pissed on and will never be back. Some okes don't work in a computer or office type environment so seldom log on. Times they are a changing.

As for a whatsapp group.... go for it, except you will have to keep adding Gaylord every day as he doesn't like being on whatsapp groups much ## ## ##

OR,

Start posting some informative, though provoking topics that okes want to discuss. ??
RV9
DISH
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Madman wrote:add an option to load vid's and the pic's should not be restricted to 100kb as many people does not know how to shrink pics
That will help.
Dish wrote: I used to be able to stay logged on indefinitely and as such if I hit the URL I was automatically logged in.
Sure will help.
Dish wrote:As for a whatsapp group..
No!, it will divert attention away and will dilute quality communication.
Maybe the moderators can do something to keep Microlighters fresh and newsworthy.??
Ek praat jou thaal...
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Oom Paul die manne is so besig om vir die sevende te beplan dat hulle nie kans kry om hier te chat nie. Die Bosveld chat groep is baie aktief. Die manne het ook hul eie vliegveld chat groepe gestig en chat so met mekaar.

Dit is baie convenient. Se maar net. Sien jou in Potties.
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:39 pm

ek wou nou die like button geslaan het toe besef ek daar is nie een nie
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Blue Max » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:42 pm

vhpy
falconp1 wrote:Oom Paul die manne is so besig om vir die sevende te beplan dat hulle nie kans kry om hier te chat nie. Die Bosveld chat groep is baie aktief. Die manne het ook hul eie vliegveld chat groepe gestig en chat so met mekaar.........Ek kom so agter.

Dit is baie convenient. Se maar net. Sien jou in Potties.
Yes, sien jou in Potties.
Die forum is nie beperk tot n ou se pelle by die vliegveld nie, maar is Nasionaal en ALMAL kan saam gesels. Dit het n wyer audience. Meer persone met beter idees ens, ens word ingetrek in gesprekke.
Ek dink die ouens wat hulle gesprekke op FB en Whatsup en geselsgroepe voer benadeel die voortbestaan van ML.
Ek maak net my hanger se hek klaar dan gaan ons brefis hou.! (^^)
Ek praat jou thaal...
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Ek sien jou pint oom Paul. Daar moet n uitweg wees. Ons sal weer hieroor gesels oor n stukkie vleis. En n dop natuurlik. (^^) Besig om die Challie te service vir die lang trek. puff
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 am

ok so there is a rotax training for 582 on 16 and 17 November at commet. is any one interested?
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:25 am

Cacofonix wrote:ok so there is a rotax training for 582 on 16 and 17 November at commet. is any one interested?
Hi Cacofonix...maybe post it under "Events" you may have more luck there....you are also welcome to send me the details and I'll post it on the "evil" Facebook page for the Tailwinds... ^

Oom Polla.....its really not about loyalty but pure convenience. Many have left and even I seldom check in these days....I will admit.
Everyone has a different reason for this.... but Whatsapp and FB are just so much easier to navigate and use...and the info is spread wide and instantaneously with notifications (more importantly).
Much easier to post videos or pics and share them around....and what I like about them is that ALL your groups are right there on one page...one click away? If 5 minutes I can look at all the things I'm interested in...instead of surfing through all the different websites and forums. Chop chop...easy peasy.

I tried using Whatsapp too but eventually my vintage phone would not support the upgrades (Sorry but I cant own a fancy one due to the fact that in my trade I drop my phone constantly and work in dust all day!)...so yes I too miss out on a lot as everyone seems to have their own little "group" going instead of sharing the info here and elsewhere....Whatsapp is incredibly useful for trips and organising get togethers etc etc....but it can be really irritating too so I don't blame Gaylord... :wink:

Each to their own I guess?
The Forum will always have its place...especially for tech questions, airfield info....all sorts... (^^)