NIC PRINSLOO

Matters of general interest
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: NIC PRINSLOO

Postby Low Level » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:13 am

Air Hog wrote:I Agree with you, all I am trying to say is, lets learn from this. I think it is stupid of an inexperience (wanabee pilot) to buy any aircraft/Gyro without the assistance from someone that knows the market/product. We are talking a lot of money, especially if it is a Gyro and they can buy themselves a lot of problems.
Johan, the problem with this statement - to the newbie buyer Nic Prinsloo IS this guy. :twisted: We need to rid the flying community of people like him. ##

A friend of mine also had a run in with Nic. He cancelled appointments and rushed to Jo-burg for the deal of the century on a M22, via Mr Prinsloo. Fortunately he knows gyros very well. The deal and the gyro was s018
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:42 am

Nou waar is die man...?Het hy nie 'n naam om te beskerm nie (**) ?
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 am

Low Level wrote:
Air Hog wrote:I Agree with you, all I am trying to say is, lets learn from this. I think it is stupid of an inexperience (wanabee pilot) to buy any aircraft/Gyro without the assistance from someone that knows the market/product. We are talking a lot of money, especially if it is a Gyro and they can buy themselves a lot of problems.
Johan, the problem with this statement - to the newbie buyer Nic Prinsloo IS this guy. :twisted: We need to rid the flying community of people like him. ##

A friend of mine also had a run in with Nic. He cancelled appointments and rushed to Jo-burg for the deal of the century on a M22, via Mr Prinsloo. Fortunately he knows gyros very well. The deal and the gyro was s018
Sorry, my statement came out wrong. What I meant was that the Newbie must get someone at the Flying School that knows the Gyro/Aircraft to help with the purchase. Someone that can read the logbooks and know what to look for. I think it is stupid if you don't have any experience of Gyro's or Aircraft to buy without someone that knows what to look for. They WILL BURN FINGERS!! :oops: :cry:
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
BONZAI BELL
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby BONZAI BELL » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:25 pm

BONZAI BELL wrote:T-Bird
You are 100% correct about most guys who want to start flying Gyros. This was my first intro in the aviation industry, and i was very ignorant.
All the info about the gyro i bought , was available in the airframe log book. So anybody familiar with aircraft would have known to ask for this book.
At the time , i never knew that an airframe log book existed.
The moment the AP walked into the hanger at Springs airfield, and looked at my gyro , and recocnised the reg. no. he asked me if i had the history on the gyro.
I remember still saying , yes , it has only done 86 hrs , and i was told by the agent and the owner that there were no incidents regarding the gyro.
The next thing he asked me was , can i see the airframe logbook. i replied that i did not know what it was. i then looked in the bag which i got with the gyro,
remembering that i saw some books. aha , is this what you were looking for. He took the book from me , paged through it , and then showed me that it was in a serious
accident and was completely rebuilt.
So , all the evidence was there , in the bag i was carrying around , and i did not know about it.

If nothing is done about this now, we will just hear more stories like this in time to come

After reading my post , i realize that " the agent " i mentioned in this post could cause some confusion. I was referring to Nic Prinsloo , and not the Magni agent.
ZU-EOL
Magni M-22
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:13 am

Bonzai Bell, anybody that knows the Magni agent, knows you were not talking about him.
His honesty and integrity are beyond reproach.

Nic should step up and either defend himself with his version, or apologize.
BONZAI BELL
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby BONZAI BELL » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Just making sure there is no confusion about this.
ZU-EOL
Magni M-22
Learjet
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Learjet » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:00 pm

So I'm not saying that the person named in this topic is involved. And I'm not saying that he isn't. :roll:
I wasn't involved first hand so I'll refrain from mentioning names...

But purely to cite an example of the raptor sculduggery that goes on with some agents/brokers out there, today I met a student pilot at the airfield who is looking to buy an aircraft.
He's getting inundated with sms's from an aircraft broker/agent (or whatever you call it) who is coming with every story in the book to pressure him into paying a deposit for an aircraft he apparently has for sale...
Fortunately the students' instructor made some other enquiries which revealed that the aircraft in question had already been sold by the owner!!! :?
I suspect the student and his deposit had a very lucky escape from the agents' money-grabbing talons. :evil:
Caveat Emptor!
Dave Lehr
Magni Gyro M22 ZU-EPZ
“You're flying Buzz! No Woody we're falling in style!”
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

What is also evident is that online-trawled adverts are re-advertised elsewhere as if they were in-stock when in fact the seller is not even aware of the agent.

So in support of what you said above Learjet, its Caveat venditor, (let the seller beware) also!

Modern day snake-oil salesman it seems. ##

:evil:
WhiteEagle
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby WhiteEagle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

So funny when the wheel finally turns, I also lost R15 000 deposit of hard earned money, true, I cancelled the deal as a result of financial constraints, but there was never a written contract in place. Don't even know if the owners of the Gyro and Trailer has seen a sent of it. Tried to recover the money through a lawyer in RSA, but to no avail. He knew I was in Namibia and had no recourse. Threatened to sue me for damages should I mention something on this forum. Whay to go Nic! May justice prevail. Seems I was not the only one taken for a ride.. Please do sue me know! No recourse remember. Will probably get some nasty private mails now, which I will share with you guys....
"Good judgement usually comes from experience. Experience usually comes from bad judgement."
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Good afternoon all... After several complaints were directed to the mods, the Eagle sales forum was deleted in its entirety.

A fair warning to others that may attempt to misuse this forum as apparently been the case, SHALL BE NUKED ##

Have a fantastic and safe weekend all - I know I am as I start my Rockwell Commander 112TC CONVEX tomorrow :-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:23 pm

John Boucher wrote:Good afternoon all... After several complaints were directed to the mods, the Eagle sales forum was deleted in its entirety.

A fair warning to others that may attempt to misuse this forum as apparently been the case, SHALL BE NUKED ##

Have a fantastic and safe weekend all - I know I am as I start my Rockwell Commander 112TC CONVEX tomorrow :-)
(^^) ##
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Vatso.

Its not as if the person in question has not had enough opportunity to defend himself. :shock: ??

He chose not to, but rather to perpetrate his business model, of which I am a recent living witness.

Kak daarmee, its no good for our sport. Sorry.

Thanks Mods, well done. You took an active step to rid our sport of this kind of individual.

(^^) =D* =D* =D*

PS John, good luck with the Convex! Let us know how it went.

Rgds
Len
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:58 am

(^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:41 am

John Boucher wrote:Good afternoon all... After several complaints were directed to the mods, the Eagle sales forum was deleted in its entirety.

(^^) (^^) ## ## (^^) (^^)
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Horned Adder
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Horned Adder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Well done John and mods!!! Just imagine how good a forum Avcom could be if those mods put their effort into sorting out real issues instead of picking on selected individuals who give factual information and dont bury their heads in the sand! This forum has always been well balanced - Respect!
To fly is Heavenly but to Hover is Divine!