Cobra backseat "cargo bay"

Matters of general interest
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Cobra backseat "cargo bay"

Postby Asterix » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 pm

The one thing that have been frustating me with the Witchy Woman, is that her backseat is less versatile than that of Geelkerneels - because it is molded. Try as you will, you cannot make a jerry can stand upright on it. It's just akward. On Geelkerneels, I used to strap in two 25 litre plastic jerry kanne - they fit snug as a bug because the seat has no tub.

So this afternoon I started a project to get that backseat kosher as a "bay." I am crafting a pressed wood mold. This will be put inside the backseat area (seat removed from the tub), and adjusted to the point where it fits snugly. The front will then be covered up with another piece of pressed wood, a big hole drilled in the top panel - and a whole 5 litres of expanding foam will be blasted inside through this hole. Once cured, the dried foam will take up all the contours inside - with a flat topside.

After trimming, this mold will be glued to a piece of thin ply, covered with a 3 mm rubber mat on top.

And voila - you take out the bakseat, put this contraption in , and you have a perfect flat "floor" in the backseat tub! I hope to have this done before Numbi to show it of! :wink:
Bugwar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Cobra backseat "cargo bay"

Postby Bugwar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Pasop!! Expanding foam doen exactly wat dit moet: expand. Ek moes al n glasdeur oor insit omdat die skuim die raam gebuig het!! Jy sal jou houtbox moet strap anders gaan jy geite kry. Daai skuim klou ook soos crap aan n wolkombers, so maak seker jy smeer die Witchy Woman goed vet ;)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Dankie vir die kas James. Die inhoud is veilig in die hangar met Johannes en Hans se weete.

Oppas met jou sitplek verandering...kenelik het sitplek modifikaasies n' mod report nodig en n' prooving flight. Ek wou my Windlass se sitplek verander na die kofigurasie wat op n' Aquila gebruik word. Maar toe ek hoor van al die papierwerk en daarop volgende beperkings het ek dit gelos.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby witwillem » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Jis ou asterhicks jys nou hier in onse wereld , sit n roof top carrier op Dan hoed jy nie te sukkel nie , ek heal n paar keer gesien die manne sit n tent en slaps am innie vlerk , se maar net (**) willempie