Air nav pro

Matters of general interest
willemgreyling
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Re: Air nav pro

Postby willemgreyling » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi TJS, sorry for the late reply. Hope you are sorted. Quick answer is no you don't need any software. Just enable bluetooth on your ipad and it will connect to the Garmin GLO gps. vhpy vhpy
Panorama
Savannah S
Horned Adder
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Horned Adder » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Hello guys! I just bought the Airnav Pro for my IPad mini. Some great tips here, any idea why I cannot open any of the attachments?

Regards
To fly is Heavenly but to Hover is Divine!
RV12
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby RV12 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Turbo wrote:Hey guys,

This is thereplyni got from ANP

Thanks for inviting us join the forum.
We will try to participate, but not so actively since we have a lot of support work in this forum and also on our Facebook pages.
We invite you also follow us at:
https://www.facebook.com/AirNavNews

As for the Airspaces you request, we'll see what we can do about it.
Keep in touch.
Regards.
Sebastian Vecchio
Xample Support Team
These guys have done nothing to upgrade AirNav Pro for ANDROID for the last year. I have actually ditched my Airnav pro and bought EasyCockpit....
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Thought this thread had died. ##
Horned Adder wrote:Hello guys! I just bought the Airnav Pro for my IPad mini. Some great tips here, any idea why I cannot open any of the attachments?

Regards
Hi Mr. Adder. I don't know what you mean with "cannot open any of the attachments", where, on ANP, or on this forum, or where?

I have now also bought an iPad mini WiFi only and I pair it with my iPhone for GPS reception. This also works very well but I tend to use my "old" iPad 3, Cellular 3G capable, when flying. It is simpler and works the best.

BTW there are new ONC maps for SADC countries on Add-Ons, for free. Botswana is included.

Yes, it seems as though ANP are not focusing on Android. Their resources seem to be working on Apple IOS. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:53 pm

I was referring to the links on this thread in the first post, however they sort of work with my iPad bu not my iPhone.
I am however having problems,
1. If I create a waypoint and I try and add a pdf document it will not accept it?
2. I added the document I tried to put in my created waypoint to see if it works on an existing airfield and it did but now I cannot delete or remove the pdf?
3. I purchased WebDAV but for the life of me do not know how to set the "server" up.

Very frustrated right now.

Any boffins with patience here?

Regards
salem
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby salem » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Flying my Challenger in Saldanha with Air Nav Pro. Best investment I ever made.
Attachments
AirNavPro.JPG
AirNavPro.JPG (46 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
ZS-VFZ
Baitbird

Postby Baitbird » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:19 pm

willemgreyling wrote:Hi TJS, sorry for the late reply. Hope you are sorted. Quick answer is no you don't need any software. Just enable bluetooth on your ipad and it will connect to the Garmin GLO gps. vhpy vhpy

Hi Willem
I connect my ipad and garmin glo with bluetooth.
Al systems indicate a connection, but how do you CHECK that the Ipad is using the Garmin GLO and not it's own internal GPS unit.
When you switch the internal gps sensors off( in settings) the unit looses it's position, even whilst it's still got the bluetooth connection and the Garmin unit indicates a "satelite lock"

:shock:

Jaco
Fake people worry about their image.... Real people just don't give a damn!!!
willemgreyling
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby willemgreyling » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi Jaco, under "Settings" on the iPad you need to enable "Share GPS via bluetooth"

Thanks should do the trick.

Willem
Panorama
Savannah S
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 am

willemgreyling wrote:Hi Jaco, under "Settings" on the iPad you need to enable "Share GPS via bluetooth"

Thanks should do the trick.

Willem
Thanks Willem, but how do you know the unit is actually working and connected? I have tried it with both and strangely i found my iPad on its own to be more accurate - now i am really confused???
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:15 pm

There is a procedure on the ANP help desk (xample.desk.com) for pairing 2 devices with Air Nav Pro iOS. "Help Articles".

If you switch off your Garmin GLO and the iPAD loses GPS signal it is getting it from there. If you switch off iOS Location Services under Sensors on your iPad ANP, and you lose GPS signal, it is getting it from the internal GPS.

The WebDAV works through your WiFi router. Both devices (iPad & PC) must be connected to the same WiFi router. In Google Crome (not MS Internet Exporer) you just type in the Web server URL that you get under settings, Network on ANP. Something like, 10.231.125.35:8080. I have used it many times and it works perfectly. It is also well described in the ANP Manual.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:28 pm

salem wrote:Flying my Challenger in Saldanha with Air Nav Pro. Best investment I ever made.
I agree. It is brilliant. In an open cockpit, where paper is out ,and fiddling with buttons through menues to build a new flight plan is dangerous, ANP is just the answer. Tap and go (^^) (^^) (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
willemgreyling
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby willemgreyling » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:17 am

My iPad mini does not have a GPS so I can only use the Garmin GLO. Never had any issues with accuracy or reliability vhpy
Panorama
Savannah S
Stretch
Pre flight checks done

Postby Stretch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am

Willemgreyling, I have the IPAD MINI and it does have a GPS. I Use Air nav pro without Garmin GLO and it works perfectly.
TomH
Slow starter

Postby TomH » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 pm

My IPad (3rd gen) has built in GPS. IOS 8.3
ANP version 5.7.4.0
Glo firmware 2.70 (latest firmware update)

IPad shows its connected to the Garmin Glo in Bluetooth settings and solid blue light on Glo but ANP does not use it for positioning data
The bluetooth range is about 10 to 20 meters between the devices.
If I leave the IPad stationary and take the Glo and walk around the IPad does not indicate any changes in position.
But if I leave the Glo stationary and walk around with the IPad it shows positional changes.
This indicates that even though the Glo connects to the IPad via Bluetooth , it is not been used by ANP.
I have the sensors settings as per ANP user manual for external GPS device.
Have tried everything that I can think of to get ANP to use the Glo but to no avail
Can anybody point out where I am going wrong.
Any help will be appreciated.
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:57 pm

TomH wrote:My IPad (3rd gen) has built in GPS. IOS 8.3
ANP version 5.7.4.0
Glo firmware 2.70 (latest firmware update)

IPad shows its connected to the Garmin Glo in Bluetooth settings and solid blue light on Glo but ANP does not use it for positioning data
The bluetooth range is about 10 to 20 meters between the devices.
If I leave the IPad stationary and take the Glo and walk around the IPad does not indicate any changes in position.
But if I leave the Glo stationary and walk around with the IPad it shows positional changes.
This indicates that even though the Glo connects to the IPad via Bluetooth , it is not been used by ANP.
I have the sensors settings as per ANP user manual for external GPS device.
Have tried everything that I can think of to get ANP to use the Glo but to no avail
Can anybody point out where I am going wrong.
Any help will be appreciated.
I read on their Facebook page that they warn not to update to IOS 8.3 because of Bluetooth issues :idea:
Can't you upload an older version? I have no problems with mine on 8,2