Air nav pro

Matters of general interest
Z-MRP
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Air nav pro

Postby Z-MRP » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Dish If I select map and scroll down the map till I get to Mussina then all air space info for RSA is there, can you open your air nav main page map scroll up till you get to zim airspace and let me know what flight info is available, interested what you see maybe you have a diffrent download package if thats at all possible.
Also if you go to the section to down load the 3d charts the whole world up to V is then, no zimbabwe or zambia option.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

This is realy sad to hear but I know that ANP does not support most countries in Africa. If you look at their web site http://www.dixdouze.com/xample/index.php/airnavigation, under "Addons" you will see a list of countries and what is supported. Unfortunately for Zimbabwe and Zambia only "Freemap" is supported i.e. airspaces info is not supported. That is the case for most African countries. There is a way around this, and that is to build your own. I did that for the airfields and reporting points in my area. Works just as if ANP came with this info. One can also build the airspaces information in OpenAir or Tim Newport-Peace format and then upload the file to your iPad. This is a lot of work and it would have been nice if ANP provided this info for your country as an in app purchase. You can also send them an e-mail or visit their help desk web site, (http://xample.desk.com). They respond within the same day. vhpy

If all of this is not for you, you could ask them for a refund. Don't know if they support that option. :(

I still think it is a fantastic application and I use it on every flight. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Folla
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Folla » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Still need to know what I pad to use with gps or is there one available with build inn gps?
Folla

This is not Flying, this is a Flippen Adventure.!!!!![/size]
Z-MRP
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Z-MRP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 pm

You can use any Ipad but the best Ipad to use is the one that has GONASS available, this doesnt require the Ipad to have a sim card in it to operate, ie it reads directly to the saterlites via its own built in GPS and not via a network service provider,with GONASS and a sim card you then have so much available its unlimited what you can do in flight as you can access the internet thru a service provider inflight, providing you have cell network signal for your service provider.
Z-MRP
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Z-MRP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks Mulderpm, I have a friend who is quite clued up on this sort of subject so will forward him your advise and see what can be done, otherwise I will have to scrap ANP and get Skydemon if I want a proper working system.
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Z-MRP - you are not using the app correctly - i had the same problem originally and it is easily solved by going into the settings and switching on the required features.
Airnav pro is EXCELLENT -- it works 100% and the support is BRILLIANT, there are video tutorials on how to setup your features/settings. If you dont know how to set the features up - then the product is useless -- once setup it will be your most valuable tool for flying!

This product even records your flights (like a black box) and can replay the entire trip to you at any time -- files flight plans online, manages and monitors your existing flights, before, during and after the flight has occurred.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Folla wrote:Still need to know what I pad to use with gps or is there one available with build inn gps?
Folla, all the new iPads (3 & 4) come with a build in GPS receiver a Cell phone SIM card slot, supporting EDGE, HSDPA and 3G (& LTE on iPone5) and with built in WiFi and Bluetooth. Older ones only have WiFi and Bluetooth. ANP supports external GPS'r via Bluetooth for the older iPad's. (^^)

No problem Z-MRP, send the ANP help desk an e-mail. Sebastian will show you where you can get a tutorial and demo video on how to do what you want. Hope you sort it out because it is a great app and makes flying much safer. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Have you guys tried the live tracking yet?
Tried it on Monday. You can view it here:

http://services.xample.ch/users/nsgreen/tracking

I've only got the limited Android version, but it still works very well!
Plane-less
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 am

That is what finaly sold it to me. I know others can do it, but ANP is just the best (Swiss precision - I only want to hear one click). What I have found is that sometimes the track just suddenly stops (loss of signal or server?) and for anyone tracking you live, like your wife, this may be hair raising. So, I fly with both my iPone and my iPad with live tracking on. I have not had both loosing the signal, yet.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 am

Hi I have the samsung tab 2 and it comes with gps, wifi, bleutooth, hsdpa etc. Got airnavpro on and works but can't seem to down load the sa maps, any ideas?

Jaco
Flying feeds the soul!
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 am

JvTonder wrote:Hi I have the samsung tab 2 and it comes with gps, wifi, bleutooth, hsdpa etc. Got airnavpro on and works but can't seem to down load the sa maps, any ideas?

Jaco
Hi Jaco, on iPad it is an in app purchase. You must be connected to the internet via a WiFi connection (not via GSM) and Bluetooth must be off. Under Add-ons (Map Store) catalog, you selecte your country (South Africa) and then the map options appear. !!!!

Download the user manual from http://www.dixdouze.com/xample/index.php/airnavigation ...."Support". You can also go to their facebook web site for news, https://www.facebook.com/AirNavNews and to their youtube web site for video tutorials, https://www.youtube.com/xampleairnav

You would swear I work for ANP. ## I beleive, the more users we get in RSA the more clout we will have to get our specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate.

Hope I could help. :wink:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
cobra
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby cobra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 pm

mulderpm wrote: You would swear I work for ANP. ## I beleive, the more users we get in RSA the more clout we will have to get our specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate.
Why don't you SUPPORT your local developer EASYPLAN with her ipad version, ALL the "specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate" that you need ## ## I'm sure she will appreciate your support
Aerotrike Cobra
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 pm

cobra wrote:
mulderpm wrote: You would swear I work for ANP. ## I beleive, the more users we get in RSA the more clout we will have to get our specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate.
Why don't you SUPPORT your local developer EASYPLAN with her ipad version, ALL the "specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate" that you need ## ## I'm sure she will appreciate your support
Contact details for easyplan Guys please.
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:32 pm

mulderpm wrote:
JvTonder wrote:Hi I have the samsung tab 2 and it comes with gps, wifi, bleutooth, hsdpa etc. Got airnavpro on and works but can't seem to down load the sa maps, any ideas?

Jaco
Hi Jaco, on iPad it is an in app purchase. You must be connected to the internet via a WiFi connection (not via GSM) and Bluetooth must be off. Under Add-ons (Map Store) catalog, you selecte your country (South Africa) and then the map options appear. !!!!

Download the user manual from http://www.dixdouze.com/xample/index.php/airnavigation ...."Support". You can also go to their facebook web site for news, https://www.facebook.com/AirNavNews and to their youtube web site for video tutorials, https://www.youtube.com/xampleairnav

You would swear I work for ANP. ## I beleive, the more users we get in RSA the more clout we will have to get our specific database's, airspaces and waypoints corrected and accurate.

Hope I could help. :wink:
Hi Mulder Pm thanks for the info, I do go to the mapstore and see the maps but it just does not download, maybe because I use the GSM will try with a wifi connection and see what happens.

Thanks
Flying feeds the soul!
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 pm

JvTonder wrote:Hi Mulder Pm thanks for the info, I do go to the mapstore and see the maps but it just does not download, maybe because I use the GSM will try with a wifi connection and see what happens.
You are brave and wealthy. These files are 300 meg. That is why WiFi is required. The download is also very very slow. Takes hours. Hope you are succesfull.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria