Re: Vandals cause hanger fire in Uitenhage

Postby Asterix » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Uitenhage.. Eastern Cape.. Xhosas... Enough said, let me rather shutup! s067
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Guys, fit motion sensor cameras in your hangars. U will find the ads in Popular Mechanix magazine. At least u will be able to identify the fkkrs. Catch `em and toast `em with a birthday cake candle. Niiiice and slooooow. People ........NO, barbaric bastards who does this sort of thing should not survive. Why are we so racist?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 am

Guys, I'm so sad for you all...Hendrik, shoe....om te dink ons sal nooit weer die "wed wocket" sien nie maak my baie hartseer...sy het so lank daar by FABA gebly...Mike ek is baie jammer, daai aerie was altyd een van my gunstelinge.

Sterkte aan julle almal. :(

Was this vandalism or theft gone bad?

How can anything remotely resembling a human being do this? There is just no more conscience left in the world....
Bayliner
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Bayliner » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 am

Goodness gracious me. I work in Australia and they often ask me why a lot of us are racist (not to say a particular ethnic group did this).

Is it not lovely to work your butt off for a dream and then someone comes along and simply pisses on it?

The next time I get asked this question I am going to show them this post.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 pm

I tell you... If I had to get hold of the culprits, Auschwitz would seem like a kindergarten party :evil:

I am so bereaved to see this chaps :-( .... really very sad!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
cobra
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby cobra » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Speachless.. very sad new :(
Aerotrike Cobra
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Boet wrote:Guys, fit motion sensor cameras in your hangars. U will find the ads in Popular Mechanix magazine. At least u will be able to identify the fkkrs. Catch `em and toast `em with a birthday cake candle. Niiiice and slooooow. People ........NO, barbaric bastards who does this sort of thing should not survive. Why are we so racist?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This is the bit that is really confusing - they have hit mostly at the hangars that are covered by not only monitored burglar alarms, but earlier in the week they took on one that has electric fencing attached to the cladding inside and out :shock: :o .

In the one burnt down, the owner had requested the local armed response guys to please fit an alarm on Thursday. She told them - 'I don't even want a quote - just come do the install - it is urgent'. That night they struck that hangar. The girl from the armed response, whilst the owner was pouring threw the ashes on Friday morning, phoned to say she has the quote and where must she send it ## ## ## . Yes there were choice words exchanged.

We have now contracted a guarding company to post a person at the airfield.

Let me tell you too - grown men DO cry. The victims are all devastated.
ampere
Thinking of flying

Postby ampere » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:37 pm

[quote="Blue Max"]:shock:
Ons lewe in Afrika..
Daar is orals baie arm donners..wat die hele dag rond loop en plek soek om te steel.

Maar die was nie steel nie??? HOEKOM ?
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:04 pm

This is not good! :evil:
Whoever did that deserves to be dragged out on the street and pummelled! ##
So sorry to everyone who's precious aeries now sit in ashes :(
Do you think maybe the security company might have had someone who broke in? (inside job, as they knew the hangar was not secure)?
Either way this is NOT cool!
Plane-less
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 pm

:(
ampere wrote:Maar die was nie steel nie??? HOEKOM ?
Blue Max wrote::shock:
Ons lewe in Afrika..
Daar is orals baie arm donners..wat die hele dag rond loop en plek soek om te steel.

Maar die was nie steel nie??? HOEKOM ?
Ek was nie daar nie maar die arm en onnosel pik giet swart, swart nag donnerse operators wou brandstof steel toe strike hulle n match!!!
(**) (**) (**)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Chuck U Farley
Found a flight school

Postby Chuck U Farley » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 pm

One of the last photos I took from my beloved FJN. Check the shark in the bottom right corner!

I can not tell you how gutted I am by what these f#ckers have done! Sadly I'm not insured, so this needless act of vandalism will keep me grounded for a long time. Take what you want from the hangar, but why set fire to it when you're done? Why?
Squirrel
First solo

Postby Squirrel » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

s068 s067 s071
Ffffffffffff.....
Sad story, B-blacksamm
Sorry to see guys - Afrika en SA is redelik in sy mur, als val uitmekaar en ons is besig om te verloor... :(>
Gustav
ZU-LUI HKS Aquilla 2
ZU-BVM Pegasus Quantum Supersport
Graham Mac
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Graham Mac » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 am

As Skybound states
"Let me tell you too - grown men DO cry. The victims are all devastated"
I think this horiffic situation is enough to make ANY GROWN MAN CRY.
not to mention crazy with anger.
no words can describe the loss of so many beautifull aircraft with thier owners dreams.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Flight...a dream of mankind,inspired through the ages by the beauty and grace
of a soaring bird
erika lambrechs
Ready for the first flight

Postby erika lambrechs » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Just want to say a very big thank you to all the posts of condolences and thoughts that have been sent..... This was truely the most heartbreaking thing that has happend to me, and I can only send sympathies to my fellow hangar mates, Simon, Mike, Alan, Marius and Guy....., who are feeling gutted..... What did they want, after breaking in 3 times, there was nothing left, except the planes. This just shows that there is just no regard for anything or anybody.............. not even dogs...... Still hope that they will be caught.

So, this is a final goodbye to my beloved ZU-AFV, bought 10 years ago by my hubby for me, as I became a flying nut.....AFV and I started out over the Mielie/Sunflower fields there in Viljoenskroon with my instructor Robey van den Heever. I then moved to Port Elizabeth with her and joined this wonderful bunch of flyers and Club, and together with so many great people from all over SA, made this the most wonderful experience of my life.... AFV and I did 500 hrs together, flying to the Kalahari, via Port Nolloth, the whole West Coast, and South Coast and back home in 2010, Flying to Sodwana in 2012, flown to Baviaans a coulple of times, Stanley island and basically covered the whole of the Eastern Cape. I looked after AFV and she looked after me...... even at 10 000ft over the Franschoek mountains or at 5ft above the beach......Being one of only a handful of female Microlight Pilots, AFV and I were teased and called names and AFV became an Abreviation for " A F....n Vrou", but keeping my "Blonde" head held high, we showed them a thing or two......

Finally, a big thank you to all from the Uitenhage Aero Club, the support has been great and the big clean-up still has to occur.

This is not the end of flying,,,,, I will be back in the skies............ and I hope that my fellow hangar pilots will be airborne soon too.

To those that did this to us..... your day will come....

RIP AFV
Attachments
DSCF0017.JPG
ZU-AFV on her 1st beach landing 9 years ago
DSCF0017.JPG (50.41 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
ZU-AFV/ZU-CGE
Erika
FAUH
PE
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand