Bad state of mind

Matters of general interest
Ou Man
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Bad state of mind

Postby Ou Man » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Funny how the art of flying can change/influence/dominate your life.
It is just over a year that I “lost my wings” and I now find that I am not so serious about the weather as I use to be.
Without knowing it, I was forever checking weather forecasts, especially wind velocity and directions.
My moods could be divided in to a few categories i.e. Horrible, grumpy, yeah well, OK, good very good and “over the moon”, depending on the wind.
Although I still run out of the house whenever I hear a plane passing above (especially the sound of a Rotax gets me fired up) I now find that I don’t run that fast any more. My wife recons that the sound of a plane has now taken the place of the wind in determining my mood.
It is just in reverse and the scale is not exactly like the “wind scale”
With no planes passing by I start of in the category of “OK”. The nearer the plane and the more familiar the sound, the deeper I go towards “horrible”.
My concern right now is that I might never fall into the “over the moon” class again!
Except getting back into the air (which at this stage looks totally out of the question) are there any other known cure for this state of mind?
What a way to go!
I believe I can fly...even touch the sky
Nacho
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Re: Bad state of mind

Postby Nacho » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Ja, get someone to fly with. Buy a camera and take some pictures of all the amazing things you can only see from up there in a Microlight. There is a bunch of nice guys here, and I am sure every one of them would love to take you up.

Where do you stay?
WvB aka Nacho
wvbosch@gmail.com
ZU-FFS (-)