African Pilot, Aeroclub and us "thugs" (NOT)

Matters of general interest
Athol Terence
Looking at the sky

Re: African Pilot, Aeroclub and us "thugs" (NOT)

Postby Athol Terence » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks John,

You are correct; the system will only work when we all take command of our own responsibilities. Payment for membership to the AeCSA and its sections has been an on-going battle for as long as I have been a member (28 years), irrespective of what system has been in place. The responsibility lies with YOU the member to ensure that you provide a positive reference, ID, licence details, address details and so on. No system in the world will work if you reference is 'Micky Mouse or Donald Duck'.

Also you have to want the Fundi system to work, because if you are going to boycott the system then you cannot blame others who are trying to make it work for you. I have it on reasonable authority that certain individuals did boycott the system and hence the mess. Please let’s all get on sides - same side and help the AeCSA administration along so that this works for everyone - you and me.

Now I seriously think that there should be a 'wine glass cheers' smile, because I don't drink beer. (^^)

Regards,
Athol Terence
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 am

I have it on reasonable authority that certain individuals did boycott the system and hence the mess.
I think MISASA is the only sub-section that uses the Fundi system as it was intended. The mess may have been greater had the other sections used it but also, maybe then only would they have had a little insight into what we were experiencing. Once again, they can thank us for sorting out the teething issues and being proactive in the changes instead of slating us...
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Now I seriously think that there should be a 'wine glass cheers' smile, because I don't drink beer. (^^)

WHY? :wink:
Dobbs
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Dobbs » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Mainly because we are not thugs from Monster - or is it Munster (!!)
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm

There we go again Athol , asumptions , if you cant say any good about us , rather say nothing , you still owe the "boertjies" who fill your belly daily an apology ! (**) :evil: Leprachaun
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:42 am

Athol Terence wrote:Thanks John,

Also you have to want the Fundi system to work, because if you are going to boycott the system then you cannot blame others who are trying to make it work for you. I have it on reasonable authority that certain individuals did boycott the system and hence the mess. Please let’s all get on sides - same side and help the AeCSA administration along so that this works for everyone - you and me.

Regards,
Athol Terence
:roll:

Just now I received this email from AeCSA:

Dear Members
Re: Membership renewals for 2013

The FundiCRM Developers have coding conflict with some of the changes we requested, it is busy worked upon.

The delivery date of “going live” on the 15th of November was not realized – for this we apologise!!

The problem exists with the Credit Card payment aspect which worked well last year, so we know it can work as want.

If possible we need to extend the “going live” for online renewals to Tuesday the 27th of November 2012 at 14h00.

If it is urgent to renew your membership for 2013 your Aero Club membership you can email Sandra at office@aeroclub.org.za and we can then do a manual renewal in the interim. Alternatively you can phone the Aero Club office.

Once again we and the FundiCRM developers’ apologies for the hold up and inconvenience

Your membership certification will be sent before end of year 2012.All current membership is valid until December 2012.

Thank you for your support and patience with us.

Kind Regards
Your Aero Club

Sigh ...
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 am

Without scratching the scab open .... for those who were at the meeting and observed us being adamant about certain issues may now realise that THAT what we actually asked for wasn't working as it should. Certain persons regarded our behaviour as unbecoming! Other section representatives scoffed at our approach and Athol took their charge and branded us as being disruptive! Clearly A LOT OF PERSONS DID NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS! I also had to learn that some of those that adamantly and defended and moaned about our stance ADMIN's had not even logged onto FUNDI since it's inception. Then I ask you with tears in my eyes - if you haven't test flown the system then how can one pass judgement on those that have?

Our concerns have now again been proven as justified. I wonder if a DIRECT APOLOGY to MISASA and it's MEMBERS will be forthcoming?

That being said - the modifications and alterations we requested have been done by FUNDI. We agreed to use the FUNDI system for 2013 on the basis that the issues get resolved TOTALLY. Let me add, the system is quite comprehensive and easy to use. Bar the remaining 0.5% issues still prevailing, then all should be fine!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:14 am

So, what you are saying is that we should now use the Fundi system? I am asking because I am getting reminders from the Aeroclub that the fees are now due and we all need to know what route to follow?
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am

Air Hog and others, we'll make an official statement when we may proceed with the payment system. The notice that Kloot Piloot posted should then also be in your INBOX.

I am not going to apologise on their behalf... not at all!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Renewed my A.T.F at Raasa on Wednesday.

Felt a little like in the army when the dreaded R100.00 haircut and R20.00 TV was deducted in from of you ( whilst on the border with no tv and seldom / home made haircuts :lol: )

The aeroclub desk could not trace my 2012 payment and after searching decided to rather just take my 2013 payment instead.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Now with that I have a serious issue... For us not to resolve the current year's financial issues basically means that money may be lying in someone's suspense account!

It needs to be resolved and reconciled!

Now to have the PROOF OF PAYMENT handy and be able to provide that to me will make all the difference. Not the 1st one I'll resolve... ##
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 am

I still definately do not support the Fundi system and will not pay my renewal fees on it , I will pay for half a year as I had only received my mebership card after the end of July , Aeroclub sucks their attitude is not conducive to good business principals , Maybe it is time that the manager hand in his resignation Leprachaun
AOPA may be the way to go ???? (**)
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:39 am

Alex... I cannot believe what I am seeing :shock:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org