The Two River's Odyssey

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: The Two River's Odyssey

Postby Bundy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Asterix wrote: Bundy - this is NOT a holiday! We are gonna become TIRED! (But a nice sort of tired..!) It is more like a "chapter of your life" that needs to get living. No rest here, I'm afraid! :wink:
You can say that again chom....

It's like the hike from hell I did a few years back, after a tough day in 33 degree heat, we were faced with the never ending hill....everytime we came to a rise, we thought the end was in sight, only to discover another one in the distance. My wife was in tears, the guys were swearing....but we pushed on, over every rise we "trapped"...eventually you are just staring at the ground in front of you, too scared to look up. At last we crested the final "final crest" and reached our goal. Body smashed... no feeling in your blistered feet. I threw my pack in the corner.....and walked to the lookout deck at the valley beyond. Tired as hell, but as we sat there we were happy.... what a sense of fulfilment... and by far the best beer I have ever tasted. (^^) (!!)
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Ja well but I promise you - I don't intend getting my body smashed, walking like a bum through the desert while I posses the skills and equipment to fly over it! :lol: Still, I know that my upper body will get smashed, my trike will get smashed, and my "mental constitution" will get smashed! - Turbulence smashing! Uncomfortable and interesting at times - but way more acceptable to me than running. I only run if I am chased by something that is bigger than me! :twisted:

This I can live with. But don't ask me to go hiking through the desert and enjoy it. It is like these cyclists I sometimes pass next to a robot, and I politely scream at them - "Don't you have money for a car?", or the joggers - " soek jy 'n lift? Waar het jou kar gebreek?". Or - I you happen to find a jogger on the Comrades day (I have..) - "Dude - jy het verdwaal! Die eindstreep is in Durban."

I'm a lazy bastard.. / petrolhead. :lol:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Asterix wrote: But don't ask me to go hiking through the desert and enjoy it.
You may be doing a lot of this.....you were the moron who volunteered to collect firewood for us! :lol:

Die "bome" is so bietjie ver van mekaar af waar ons gaan chom? (^^)
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Bundy wrote:Guys we have taken a vote and we three concur that 3 trikes will be the maximum for our trip.
(**) (**) (**) And there I thought I might tag along :evil: :evil:
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:12 pm

PM sent Francios. :wink: :)

Cell coverage I'm told is not that bad, we will be travelling with sim cards for all 3 networks. Tossed the Sat phone idea...rediculously expensive. Ground crew will be travelling with a long range aerial on the roof and will have their own VHF radio to monitor us in the air...as well as being able to change direction should we have to divert somewhere.

I'm grateful to have Jenny Cole on board....she has vast 4x4 experience and has planned many trips with her club. We will be travelling with at least 9 x 25L (3 for each trike) fuel cans on the vehicle, each having to be filled pretty much every day between stops. This list of crap to take with is getting longer and longer. (**)
Bugwar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Bugwar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Tribal Croc wrote:
Toemaar TC, ek het ook gedink apartheid is iets van die verlede....... :evil:
Louis Cole
Whats the right frequency?

Postby Louis Cole » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm

An invitation to all aviators to participate in the TRO would surely be in order. How about a mass trike and anything else that flies send off on the 28 th of April and last leg from and to Microland?
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Bugwar wrote:
Tribal Croc wrote:
Ja my ou groot mede Vulture - onthou : ONS GAAN IN BAIE TURBULENSIE VLIEG!!! ( En jy "hou mos nie" van turbulensie nie) :wink: :wink:

Jokes aside - ek weet jy sou saamgaan as jy nou al kon commit. Maar al daai ander dinge in jou lewe wat gebeur het die laasste jaar, en besig is om te gebeur, is BELANGRIK! So ek verskoon jou... :)

As die enigste "los hotnot" Vulture, sal ek ons naam hoog hou! ##

Dit lyk dalk nou lekker - maar ek weet ek saai die saad vir 'n eensame oudag. Doen wat jy moet Dude - ons sal weer saam vlieg! (!!) (!!) (!!)

Stuur groete vir "ROOI WILLIE" xxx - en sterkte met jou trek! ( Minstens is ML nou lekker naby!!) (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:55 am

Louis Cole wrote:An invitation to all aviators to participate in the TRO would surely be in order. How about a mass trike and anything else that flies send off on the 28 th of April and last leg from and to Microland?
By the 28th we will be in Prieska (hopefully) Louis. :lol: I think you meant the 26th (^^)

This is what I'm hoping will happen too. Rudi Venter has allready volunteered to fly a bit with us and take some nice aerial shots. If all goes to plan, it will be great to have a gaggle waiting for us at Sibaka for the last leg home the next day. 8)

I'm sorry if the late commers feel we are excluding you. It's not the intention. To ensure the biggest chances of success it is best to stick to a small no of aircraft. Simple as that chaps. :wink:
The 3 Samoosateers are committed, we are an interesting group, with 3 vastly different personalities... yet we seem to share a common philosophy? We have a good balance, I know this will be a success. (^^)
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 am

Bundy wrote:PM sent Francios. :wink: :)

s067 s067 s067 s067 s067 s067 PM SENT (**) (**) (**) (**)
Bugwar wrote:
Tribal Croc wrote:
[0* [0* Ja Nee -xX -xX
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 am

BOOOM!

....you got me TC. (^^) :lol:

(I didnt scroll down the first time I read your mail :shock: ) :lol:

Looking forward to the leg that brings us to Sibaka my discoball dancing amigo....no need to put in the co ords...DBP will fly there on her own. (!!)

Ja Bugwar...jy ook. ^ :)

Jy is al klaar a "Vulture"...Louis en ek moet eers daai eer verdien ou maat. (^^)
Louis Cole

Postby Louis Cole » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm

By the 28th we will be in Prieska (hopefully) Louis. :lol: I think you meant the 26th

The 3 Samoosateers are committed, we are an interesting group, with 3 vastly different personalities... yet we seem to share a common philosophy? We have a good balance, I know this will be a success.

Sorry I meant the 26th .The group definitely has different personalities especially James and Asterix.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

:lol:

Jekkyl and Hyde (away from him :shock: )

(^^)

Shame James is so excited he's sommer building a hanger for us all in Polokwane. DBP is definately going to contribute some hanger fees there when I go camping in Dec next year. (^^)

I'ts a pity (according to the geniuses at CAA) only aircraft spread hyacinth :roll:
I would love to have a set of pontoons stationed up north for my trips to Ebenezer Dam! (!!)
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Hey you two! Stop mocking my dual personality! :evil: My alter -ego might get you. ## (It is not my fault that I was born a Gemini..) Ever heard of "Janus"? Go Google it - strange visual resemblance of the word to "James". :wink:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am

4 months to go...still so much to do..... Looking forward to tackling the final hurdles that stand in our way between us and the long "road" to Alexander Bay. :)