Military Pension ?

Matters of general interest
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Military Pension ?

Postby Alkemac » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Heard about this over the weekend... looks like a monthly pension of R2k, and a once off of R65k..

http://www.saarmourassociation.co.za/cm ... n-559.aspx

"I got a phone call from a friend this morning telling me to look into this because he was told about it yesterday from someone else. I did not realize at the time we already had a thread on the forum about this and I did not ask him if the guy who told him had signed up but he did mention R2000.00 a month and a once off payment of R65 000.00. "

Last entry at the bottom

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread. ... tion/page2

vhpy :shock: :?:
ZU-DODO
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: Military Pension ?

Postby ZS-NEL » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 pm

This is doing the round since last year. Do you really believe they are going to pay millions of old military veterans monthly or a once off for that matter. They can not even keep up with payments of the current SADF salaries and pensions of permanent force members. This is only a campaign to get hold of all ex military guys who was against the BIG struggle for some unknown reason and I'm not risking that for empty promises of payouts.
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: http://www.iol.co.za/mercury/veterans-p ... -1.1330801 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depends on how "destitute" you are.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:51 pm

ZS-NEL wrote:This is doing the round since last year. Do you really believe they are going to pay millions of old military veterans monthly or a once off for that matter. They can not even keep up with payments of the current SADF salaries and pensions of permanent force members. This is only a campaign to get hold of all ex military guys who was against the BIG struggle for some unknown reason and I'm not risking that for empty promises of payouts.
(**) They even want your wife & childrens ID nrs,Bond and property detail and more....I smell a rat...
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:32 am

I know of a couple of people that have registered so far..

Nicow - you right - I am very sceptical of giving my personal details away - you never know who is going to pay you a visit...
ZU-DODO
James Bentley
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby James Bentley » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am

I have registered, nothing sinister about it at all (**)

All that was required was my force number, ID number and contact telephone number

That's all guys!

they will do the research to see if you qualify and hopefully you will receive something in years to come

remember that this started when the current government proposed a bill in parliment to get through a pension scheme for "Military Veterans", the DA objected as it did not include all members of the armed forces from both sides, as I am aware it was finally accepted to include everybody but there are a number of conditions and this registration process will take care of that.

the media have distorted a number of facts unfortunately and as a result there are many who believe they are entitled to a payout who in fact do not qualify...

the process is not over yet and it may take a couple of years to sort out but if you are genuine in your application then you will receive a pension of some sort
Airfield EVA'S FIELD
Home EVA'S FIELD
Work Pietermaritzburg
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 am

Hey James..

PDF was too big to attach, but..

Section 1) Your Military information, race, and whether you were in the SADF or "other" armed area
Section 2) All your residential details, PO Box and home, work and cell contact numbers
Section 3) Your dependants and names
Section 4) Last school attended, highest grade, post school studies and degree/diplomas
Section 5) Short biography of your military history
Section 6) What Military Veteran Organisations are you a member of
Section 7) Your employment status and who you work for
Section 8) Your medical information, and details of any injuries you sustained while on duty
Section 9) Government grants being recieved

Looks more than just a few details to me...
ZU-DODO
James Bentley
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby James Bentley » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:45 am

Alkemac, yes I am aware of the large document

I was not required to fill it out as I have a SADF force number and all that was needed was a current contact number

there were a number of men in the queue when I registered who clearly had not been members of an armed wing/defence force or there was no information to hand that could identify them as such, so they had to do all of the paperwork. This is a filtering process.

I am confident that there are no sinister undertones to this, thats why I registered vhpy
Airfield EVA'S FIELD
Home EVA'S FIELD
Work Pietermaritzburg
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 am

I'd like to believe that all is above board... Just dont like the idea of them being able to know where every ex SADF member is staying..

I've got trust issues...
ZU-DODO
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Trust issue too. Hulle kan hulle pensioen so diep insteek dat die son NOOIT weer daarop kan skyn nie. :evil: :evil:
Vatso
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Vatso » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:05 pm

That's what they said In Rwanda ask the Tutsi people
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:11 am

I think the issure of recognising all sectors of military activity is noble and positive but I also have sinister views of their pension intentions.

What can a 2 year national serviceman with a handful of compulsary camps being a roving target in the locations for the oppressed to lob bricks and petrol bombs at expect as a pay-out?

They've systematically disarmed the white folk and I hav'nt recieved my new gun licence after a 3 year re-application so I would rather prefer that they use that R10.50 per month to care for the aged.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 am

Boet wrote:Trust issue too. Hulle kan hulle pensioen so diep insteek dat die son NOOIT weer daarop kan skyn nie. :evil: :evil:
(^^) (^^) (^^) Ek stem saam.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 am

Sorry i do not trust this Goverment with a rock never mind all my information.

Thanks but no thanks. -xX -xX

The less they know about me the better :!:
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

Beste Vriende
Hieronder verskyn die onlangse advertensie van die Departement van Militêre Veterane wat tot die huidige vlaag van foutiewe en misleidende gerugte oor “pensioene vir dienspligtiges” ens aanleiding gegee het. Dit is ongelukkig wat gebeur as onbekookte planne nog boonop swak gekommunikeer en –uitgevoer word. Dit vul ‘n mens nie met vertroue in die betrokke Departement se vermoë om die saak te hanteer nie.
Die huidige registrasieveldtog is die tweede van sy soort en verskeie ander sal blykbaar later volg. Dit is derhalwe verkeerd om te beweer dat hieride “die laaste kans” is om te registreer, alhoewel ek, in my persoonlike hoedanigheid, graag weer wil aanbeveeel dat ons wel help om die databasisse te suiwer.
Hierdie boodskap word aan u gestuur in ‘n poging om die getal oproepe en navrae aan die Erfenisstigitng, wat inderwaarheid niks met die saak te doene het nie, asook al die veterane organisasies en ook ander onbetrokke openbare instellings, en die groot risiko van verydelde verwagtinge, te probeer verminder!
The (ex SADF) Council for Military Veterans Organisations ( the CMVO) recommends that all military veterans should complete the additional, optional CMVO contact form supplied free by the CMVO so that when new information becomes available, you are at least contactable. Should you wish to get the CMVO contact forms please email admin@cmvo.org.

Vriendelike groete
Gert Opperman
Besturende Direkteur
Die Erfenisstigting
Tel: 012 - 326 6770
Sel: 083 300 4580
Faks: 086 615 9587
www.erfenisstigting.org.za

“RESUMPTION OF THE NATIONAL MILITARY VETERANS’ DATABASE CLEAN-UP OPERATION MAY 28 – JUNE 30 2012.

MEDIA COMMUNIQUE: May 2011 FROM DEPARTMENT OF MIITARY VETERANS

1. What is the National Military Veterans’ Database?
In 1994, military forces on all sides of the liberation war submitted certified personnel registers (CPRs). These registers enabled the integration of all forces into a single national military force - the South African National Defence Force. Many military personnel chose at that point to retire from military service and their names provided the basis to establish in 2005, the National Military Veteran’s Database.

For various reasons, some combatants of former liberation forces did not formally demobilise in 1994 and their names have yet to be captured in military veterans’ database.

AZANLA chose in 1994 not to participate in the integration process and no combatants of this formation are therefore, on the National Military Veterans’ Database. It has since been agreed, that persons whose names appear on the list presented by AZANLA to the DMV, will undergo verification to determine whether or not they are bonafide military veterans.

The military veterans’ database is therefore, a tool that enables the Department of Military Veterans (DMV) to authenticate the “military-veterans-status” of persons who approach the Department to belong to a family of like-minded people or to access socio-economic support services as prescribed in the Military Veterans’ Act 18 (2011). A credible and secure National Military Veterans’ Database is therefore, central to delivery on services to military veterans.

2. When will the DMV resume with the database clean-up process?
The database clean-up process resumes on 28th May 2012 and it will run until 30th June. The Department calls on all military veterans already listed in the National Military Veterans’ Database. Military veterans not listed on the database must follow the process for registration in with the database.

3. Where exactly do we go in the Provinces to update our personal files in the National Military Veterans’ Database?
Military veterans listed in the database must go to Municipality centres as follows for update of their personal files: (list with schedule attached).

DMV personnel listed under 5 can be contacted for specific registration dates per Municipality. The following military bases will also continue to serve as registration points for update of personal files of military veterans listed in the database:
Gauteng
Kensington Garrison in JHB & Thaba Tshwane

Limpopo
Polokwane Regt Christiaan Beyers & Thohoyandou 15 SAI

North West
Regt de la Rey Potchefstroom & Mafikeng 10 SAI BN

Free State
Regt Bloemspruit Bloemfontein & Bethlehem 2FD Regt

Eastern Cape
14 SAI BN Mthatha & Prince Alfred Guard PE

Mpumalanga
J Ops Facility in Nelspruit & Middelburg

Northern Cape
Kimberly Regt & 8 SAI BN Upington

Western Cape
Inf School in Outshoorn & Forte Capa in Good Wood

KZN
Lords Ground in Durban & 5 SAI BN Ladysmith

Military veterans not listed in the database have no personal files to update in this process. They should rather submit their applications for registration to their organisations to initiate the process for listing on the National Military Veterans’ Database.

Update of personal files of military veterans must take place in the presence of DMV personnel to ensure that all information needed for provisioning of socio-economic support services is captured. It is also critical that both military veterans and DMV officials sign off on information captured in their files.

4. What documents are needed for update of personal files in the database?
It is critical to bring certified copies of the following documents:
• IDs of military veteran, spouse and children
• Marriage certificate
• Highest education certificate
• Most recent school reports of individual children
• Title Deed of family house
• Death certificate where military veteran is deceased
• Employer’s letter confirming employment
• Company registration certificate where military veteran owns or holds shares in a business company

5. How will the Department assist military veterans who are too old or sick to update personal files in the military veterans’ database
Military veterans’ organisations and families must inform the DMV about military veterans who need home-based information update services. The Department is ready to provide such services.

6. How do we determine whether or not my name has been captured in the National Military Veterans database?
People can call the following people in the DMV to check whether or not they are listed in the database:
Eastern Cape Mr Qondi Jali 082 338 1447
KZN Col Tom Seeta 082 957 3414
Limpopo WO Shaun Booth 071 380 4841
Bloemfontein Col Deon Smut 082 853 9843
Western Cape Col Tommy Van Zyl 082 403 3605
Northern Cape Col Smiley Mauyoma 073 397 1333
Gauteng Col Speco 082 323 5829
Mpumalanga Col Kiewiets 072 601 1663
North West Col Oktober 073 397 1333

7. How do we register with the National Military Veterans’ Database?
People wishing to register with the national military veterans database need to submit their names for preliminary verification to relevant military veterans organisation i.e. UMkhonto we Sizwe, APLA or CMVO which caters mostly for those who served in the SADF and TBVC States. Military veterans’ organisations will forward verified names to the DMV for final verification by the National Military Veterans Verification Panel. AZANLA combatants will be included in the national military veterans’ verification process - which will result in the registration of bona fide military veterans with the National Military Veterans Database. (CMVO is trying to establish how this should be done. We have tried to set up a meeting with the DMV in this regard.)

Persons wishing to register with the database without membership with any military veterans’ organisation have by law, the right to forward their names directly to the DMV for verification.

8. How do dependants of deceased military veterans access socio-economic support services?
Dependants of deceased military veterans are urged to also check with military veterans’ organisations whether the names of their spouses or parents appear on the database. Where this is confirmed, dependants are called upon to go to locations of the database clean-up process in their Provinces, to update personal files of their deceased spouses or parents. This is critical to ensure that socio-economic support services are accessed by eligible dependants as defined by law.

9. Is it legal to base service provision to military veterans on the database?
Yes. Section 6 of the Military Veterans Act establishes the linkages between an efficiently managed database and provision of socio-economic support services and military veterans not registered with the database will find it difficult to access socio-economic support services through the DMV.

10. Do people with force numbers automatically qualify for registration with the National Military Veterans Database?
No. not all with force numbers are military veterans. Many civilians who have served in the South African Defence Force and more recently in the SANDF have force numbers. A different verification process will apply for those with force numbers but they too, must have their “military veterans bona fides” confirmed.

11. There is talk about lump sum payment to beneficiaries of deceased military veterans. Is this true?
The Department of Military Veterans and the South African National Military Veterans’ Association (SANMVA) (and CMVO) distance themselves from rumours that military forces of all former military forces or the SANDF, will upon registration with the database qualify for a lump sum to be awarded by the Department of Military Veterans.

The DMV and SANMVA also distance themselves from sale of registration forms. It is fraudulent and criminal to sell database registration forms to military veterans. This is a service the DMV is mandated by law to render to military veterans and Government provides resources for service provision.

Military veterans are urged to report any sale of registration forms to 082 338 1447 with details that will enable the DMV and the police to follow up on this matter.

12. Do people of other countries who provided support on all sides of the liberation war also qualify for socio-economic support services?
No. The law is very clear on this matter. It is only military veterans of this nation, eligible for socio-economic support services who must access such support.

13. CALLING ON ALL MILITARY VETERANS AND MILITARY VETERANS’ ORGANISATIONS!!!
The Department of Military Veterans calls on all military veterans listed in the National Military Veterans’ Database and dependants where military veterans are deceased, to use this opportunity to update information in personal files.

The Department is also calling on SANMVA and Military Veterans’ Organisations to urgently forward names of members yet to be verified and declared bona fide military veterans to the DMV.”