Military Pension ?

Matters of general interest
wiskeyfoxtrot
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Military Pension ?

Postby wiskeyfoxtrot » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Tailspin wrote:orry i do not trust this Goverment with a rock never mind all my information.

Thanks but no thanks.

The less they know about me the better
Well said ... i totally agree.. !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! they wasted 2 years of my life and are now taxing me to death the fecking bastards !.. as boet said, stick it where the sun dont shine !! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Does this sound familiar " f@3cking hurry up ... and wait " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just my 2c

Later (!!)
" Excuse me while i kiss the sky "

Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat
ZU - DYE
Sport Cruiser
ZU - LSA
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Talking of national service, why don't we show our call ups and camps? Who knows, we might have old army buddies amongst us.

July 81-June 83
5 Sai Ladysmith
Eenhana, Ulundi?? and surrounds,
Coupla camps with Edenvale Command around Thembisa and surrounds from 84- 87.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Snoopy7
Found a flight school

Postby Snoopy7 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:56 pm

James Bentley wrote:Alkemac, yes I am aware of the large document

I was not required to fill it out as I have a SADF force number and all that was needed was a current contact number

there were a number of men in the queue when I registered who clearly had not been members of an armed wing/defence force or there was no information to hand that could identify them as such, so they had to do all of the paperwork. This is a filtering process.

I am confident that there are no sinister undertones to this, thats why I registered vhpy
James hit the nail on the head.

Also - all serving members of the SANDF do not qualify as veterans. As they are serving military personnel.

Department of Military Veterans is responsible for the registration of military veterans. This is directly from DMV:
Members not yet registered on the military veterans’ database must submit their details in order for us to add them to the next round of verification and registration. They do not have to go all the way to the registration points to submit their detail. They are welcome to email it to me and I will place them on the verification list. Members must send a copy of their ID and also including their Force Number, ID Number, Full names & surname, contact numbers, email address and town of residence to either this email address or to mvdatabase@mweb.co.za. Members who do not have access to email can fax it to 0866482316. PLEASE DO NOT DO BOTH, IT CAUSES DOUBLE WORK FOR US ALL. New verifications and registrations will commence after updating has been finalised.

Alettie van Eeden
Chief Directorate Beneficiary Support Services
Socio-Economic Support Services Branch
Department of Military Veterans
Tel: 012-3395384/5391/5231/5294
Fax: 0866482316
That's all you need to do, then let the admin people of DMV sort out the verification. If you were in the SADF even as far back as the 50's you'll be naive to think the SANDF does not know about you.

There are many valid reasons for any South African who served their country to register. The law has been passed specifically to address military veteran issues which have been overlooked for decades.

Its free to register, you don't need to join any organisation to register, all you need to do is get hold of DMV as above.

If you know of elderly military veterans who may be to frail to be able to register, try and help them register by getting their details to DMV.

You may not charge any veteran for assisting them to get registered - not in any form what so ever. A veteran may not be coerced in any way to become part of some scheme, association or club simply to get registered either.