MISASA, Please help us simplify

Matters of general interest
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: MISASA, Please help us simplify

Postby John Boucher » Mon May 28, 2012 9:28 am

I made peace with certain things happening on certain dates. Early on I tried to co-ordinate my medical with my PPL renewal with my aircraft's ATF... It only took one or two other situations (the flu & being out of town) to throw that synchronisation out the window... therefore I have made peace with this. Think about it, the next chap is going to moan about sooo many costs he has to incur in one single month if we had achieve what is being begged for and this because it is perceived as an admin nightmare. If I look at how erratic the MISASA membership fees is paid... that what you wish for will be just as big a disaster - however - I do agree with the ATF having to be valid till a specific end of month and also I think the radio license should run hand in hand (if the radio is coupled to the aircraft reg)

With the last couple of accidents and incidents that have happened in the last couple of months, we have found, and this is to support Skybound's observation, that a large % of pilots are in fact "illegal" in terms of not belonging to a respective & representative ARO.

There is a suggestion on the table in terms of a disciplinary panel and this still has to be discussed with all relevant parties iro the feasibility thereof. This will hopefully streamline the process and also improve the feedback channels when a member is taken to task and then if necessary fined.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 am

I know these may be small suggestions - but each little item adds up eventually.

Just on the ATF - can we not drop some of the documentation required? I cannot understand why it is important to submit these static items every year:
  • weight & balance,
  • MEL,
  • CofR,
  • Last ATF and
  • Photo .
These should all be on your file at RAASA and should only be required if there is a change or in the case of Weight and Balance - when it 'expires'.

Also remove the requirement for the owner to prove the AP is a member of Aero Club - rather publish a list of current APs on the web. This info used to be available.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Why can't the 'approved' personel like AP's, inspectors, RAASA officials not be able to log into the data base and by entering the reg no, have access to all the details?

Any ramp inspection or AP's confirmation would simply mean using a recently uploaded laptop or whatever to see what's current and save confrontation / ID cards, radio licence confirmation of payments e.t.c. I don't see this being such sensitive info.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon May 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Actually it is... we as MISASA Committee don't even have free access to the info....
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
WillemG
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby WillemG » Thu May 31, 2012 4:28 pm

We (RAASA) are reading, and we are always open to suggestions. These must however be constructive and suggested through the correct channels.

Skybound, please see form RA24.2b - we have removed some of the documentation we initially required.

:mrgreen:
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 am

Excellent Willem - that is great news vhpy I guess I should have read that form before submitting this last week. I still used the checklist on the website.

BTW - great service - Postnet to Postnet on Monday afternoon to RAASA and had my ATF back yesterday morning in PE vhpy (^^) Effectively 3 day turnaround for out of towners.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:51 am

Did I see something about "Rome burning" and it's disappeared off the globe?

Anyway... our relationship (MISASA) with RAASA is an excellent one and we are grateful to have an open channel of comms to them. Also our appreciation that Pierre & Willem are watching the rumblings & suggestions. (^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am

The simplification ?

Negotiate a discount for early renewal. eg if ATF has 4 months to go - renew early and get a 33% discount.
If you get this right with the Doc & AP - let me know - but for the rest it should be doable
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 pm

I think there were several very constructive and "doable" suggestions made here. Also very glad to have noticed that Willem on Raasa's side is prowling. Dankie Willem !

Tumbleweed, skybound, John Boucher, alanmack, Gompou and Blue Max made excellent suggestions. Some might require CARS (which Bundy quite rightly says will take years) but are doable if we start now for our children's sake.

However, in the meantime smaller things can be changed, or in Willem's words, "needs constructive suggestions through the right channels".

First small request: Can Raasa, through an automated e-mail response system, notify pilots 30 days in advance of a required/pending ATF -, medical - or license renewal ? RAASA has the data base to be able to do this. Pretoria City Council sends my vehicle license renewal application 6 weeks before it expires, and it serves as a wonderfull reminder to renew.

It can not cost a lot of money to implement this.

In fact, your pilot's compliance rate (and your income) will increase hugely.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
WillemG
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby WillemG » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm

kloot piloot wrote:I think there were several very constructive and "doable" suggestions made here. Also very glad to have noticed that Willem on Raasa's side is prowling. Dankie Willem !

Tumbleweed, skybound, John Boucher, alanmack, Gompou and Blue Max made excellent suggestions. Some might require CARS (which Bundy quite rightly says will take years) but are doable if we start now for our children's sake.

However, in the meantime smaller things can be changed, or in Willem's words, "needs constructive suggestions through the right channels".

First small request: Can Raasa, through an automated e-mail response system, notify pilots 30 days in advance of a required/pending ATF -, medical - or license renewal ? RAASA has the data base to be able to do this. Pretoria City Council sends my vehicle license renewal application 6 weeks before it expires, and it serves as a wonderfull reminder to renew.

It can not cost a lot of money to implement this.

In fact, your pilot's compliance rate (and your income) will increase hugely.
Our ATF system can send out reminders (those that have lapsed and those that will in the next 30 days), and we have done so on numerous occasions. As we had developed this software ourselves a few bugs (feedback) have popped up and we are resolving them which does cause a disruption in the reminder service. Thus if you renew early you wont receive the reminder ##

The licensing system is a different beast as it is shared between us and CAA, thus any significant changes will require input from both parties.

Changes to the CARS will not take years, the new CARS were promulgated 1 June 2012 and will take effect 1 August 2012. Thus if you have any suggested changes to the CARS contact your section to make suggestions, these can then be tabled to CARCOM and may be included in the next round of changes.
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:09 pm

The problem is that the RAASA reminder system will only look out for portion of some of our admin. If you are like some us, with PPLs and perhaps TCA aircraft - we may need a more comprehensive system to cater for those reminders.