THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Postby Bundy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:04 am

As Connie said to me yesterday...."Die Microland mense WEET hoe om dit te doen!" (^^)

What a success.... (!!) vhpy
SANY0001.jpg
SANY0004.jpg
SANY0005.jpg
SANY0006.jpg
SANY0007.jpg
SANY0008.jpg
SANY0009.jpg
SANY0010.jpg
SANY0011.jpg
SANY0012.jpg
SANY0015.jpg
SANY0019.jpg
SANY0022.jpg
I think a small extract from the speech is fitting.... :)

"And so we get to you lot.....the many pilots I've had the priveledge of flying with so many times.... The VIP's...... the “Die Hards”....the stalwards....the thugs and the trikenuts.....you know who you are!
If you've braai'd in 15knts of wind and rain at Microland....chances are you are probably one of them? For some of you it's not getting you here that's the problem.....but rather trying to get you to leave! Guys... it is YOU who make this fellowship of flying fanatics what it is. To all of you who join us for our monthly braais...or a flip to wherever...... it is YOU who keep this spirit alive through simple participation. It is and will always be the only requirement to being a Tailwinds Pilot...All you have to do is pitch up!

It does not matter where you come from or what you fly or even if you do not fly at all....Whether you are a student who has just gone solo, a 1000 hour veteran... or even a moron like Bundy who sometimes gets lost on the way to Delmas.....you are always welcome and encouraged to attend. The family atmosphere you see here today is what our goal has been right from the beginning.... Having been pretty involved in the administration of our sport over the past few years I can tell you that there is no better way to promote recreational flying than this. It is where the passion for flying is born and grows.... where friendships are made and knowledge is gained..... I thank you all for that"

To Paul and Dionne...I salute you.

Thank you so much for all you guys have done for Microland. (^^) vhpy
SANY0024.jpg
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 am

A really BIG thank you to all at Microland for my wonderful gift. Had two of the best cups of coffee this morning!! vhpy
Thanks to all for making this event such a memorable one. I think everyone deserves a prize. (Leave my coffee machine alone!)
Lotsa love
Dionne and Paul
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 am

Allan and Stef

Sorry I buggered up the punchline ## , so here is the joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next to each other on a long flight. The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb that he could get one over on them easily. So, the lawyer asks if the senior would like to play a fun game.

The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and tries to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun...."I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only $5.00. Then you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500.00," he says. This catches the senior's attention and, to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees to play the game.
The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the Earth to the Moon?" The senior doesn't say a word, but reaches into his pocket, pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the lawyer.

Now, it's the senior's turn. He asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?"
The lawyer uses his laptop to search all references he can find on the Net. He sends E-mails to all the smart friends he knows; all to no avail. After an hour of searching, he finally gives up. He wakes the senior and hands him $500.00. The senior pockets the $500.00 and goes right back to sleep.

The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes the senior up and asks, "Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?"

The senior reaches into his pocket, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep.
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

Bundy wrote:As Connie said to me yesterday...."Die Microland mense WEET hoe om dit te doen!" (^^)

SANY0001.jpg
SANY0004.jpg
SANY0005.jpg
SANY0006.jpg
SANY0007.jpg
SANY0008.jpg
SANY0009.jpg
SANY0010.jpg
SANY0011.jpg
SANY0012.jpg
SANY0015.jpg
SANY0019.jpg
SANY0022.jpg
I think a small extract from the speech is fitting.... :)

"And so we get to you lot.....the many pilots I've had the priveledge of flying with so many times.... The VIP's...... the “Die Hards”....the stalwards....the thugs and the trikenuts.....you know who you are!
If you've braai'd in 15knts of wind and rain at Microland....chances are you are probably one of them? For some of you it's not getting you here that's the problem.....but rather trying to get you to leave! Guys... it is YOU who make this fellowship of flying fanatics what it is. To all of you who join us for our monthly braais...or a flip to wherever...... it is YOU who keep this spirit alive through simple participation. It is and will always be the only requirement to being a Tailwinds Pilot...All you have to do is pitch up!

It does not matter where you come from or what you fly or even if you do not fly at all....Whether you are a student who has just gone solo, a 1000 hour veteran... or even a moron like Bundy who sometimes gets lost on the way to Delmas.....you are always welcome and encouraged to attend. The family atmosphere you see here today is what our goal has been right from the beginning.... Having been pretty involved in the administration of our sport over the past few years I can tell you that there is no better way to promote recreational flying than this. It is where the passion for flying is born and grows.... where friendships are made and knowledge is gained..... I thank you all for that"

To Paul and Dionne...I salute you.

Thank you so much for all you guys have done for Microland. (^^) vhpy
SANY0024.jpg
WELL DONE to all conserned..... your effort didn't go unnoticed.... Mervyn well done ..... :lol: (^^)
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
cobra
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby cobra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Bundy wrote:As Connie said to me yesterday...."Die Microland mense WEET hoe om dit te doen!" (^^)

A+
Aerotrike Cobra
afterburn
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby afterburn » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Die dag was beslis die Microland hoogtepunt van die jaar. Baie dankie aan almal wat bygedra het om dit so 'n groot sukses te maak.
Ek wil ook vir Joe dankie sê dat hy sy chom oortuig het om met die Jet Ranger vir "vader Mervmas" in te vlieg.
Die Microland Tailwinders Rock!!!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:54 pm

afterburn wrote:Die dag was beslis die Microland hoogtepunt van die jaar. Baie dankie aan almal wat bygedra het om dit so 'n groot sukses te maak.
Ek wil ook vir Joe dankie sê dat hy sy chom oortuig het om met die Jet Ranger vir "vader Mervmas" in te vlieg.
Die Microland Tailwinders Rock!!!
+1 (^^)

I seem to have come home with a chair that does not belong to me? Navy Blue fold up camping chair (no cover).....please let me know if you are short one?
NickSwardt wrote:Allan and Stef

Sorry I buggered up the punchline ## , so here is the joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I cant even remember you telling me this.... :lol: (**) ^ ## vhpy
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 am

What a party!! Thanks everyone.
Someone also left two blue camping chairs in their blue bags under the lapa. I left them with Johannes in his room if anyone is looking for them.
What a storm we had last night. Does anyone know if Microland is still standing?? Have we still got airies? In Silverlakes the hail was bigger then golf balls. Cars got damaged badly.
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks to all. Josie, your bud with the chopper was a savior. Thanks..thanks (^^) (^^)

Some of the "old" timers said they have never seen so many people turn up.....Tailwinds ROCK!

Stef we had 30 mils of rain in as many minutes. The hail was still on the lawn this morning. Hope all is well at ML!
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:36 am

BATELEUR wrote:What a party!! Thanks everyone.
Someone also left two blue camping chairs in their blue bags under the lapa. I left them with Johannes in his room if anyone is looking for them.
What a storm we had last night. Does anyone know if Microland is still standing?? Have we still got airies? In Silverlakes the hail was bigger then golf balls. Cars got damaged badly.
Fanie reported no damage to me yesterday... :) Whew! (-)

Stef I have a feeling this chair I have is part of that set...No takers??? I will take it back to ML and put with the two you found....

This weekends weather looks crappy. :roll: Hope it changes. (-)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Bundy wrote:This weekends weather looks crappy. :roll: Hope it changes. (-)
Well..... it has changed....it now looks REALLY CRAPPY.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ** ** **

FFS.
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:09 am

The weather is not even good enough to assemble my wing never mind flying ## ## ##

Hopefully by the time it clears up my plane is flyable again (^^) =D*

Getting my prop today vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am

NickSwardt wrote:

Getting my prop today vhpy vhpy vhpy vhpy
Lekker....you gonna feel like you just fitted a turbo! (^^) vhpy
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Sunday morning looks flyable to me vhpy .....send my apologies to the dominee! :twisted:

Yeeee Ha! (!!)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:41 am

Hey you ugly bunch. After 21 hours flying and 5 hrs ahead of SA we arrived in Bangkok. Hot and humid. (^^) Got pre-paid data card on AIS.

Will keep an eye on the Elands thread as well. But not always possible (**) Bundy plse keep an eye for me. xxx

View out my window. 58th floor, there are 88 floors.
Attachments
image.jpg
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria