MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Matters of general interest
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Postby Tribal Croc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Nkwazi wrote:We need 12 students to man the bars, spit braai, gate and flight line. Does anyone know of some good looking students to assist us in this regard. What is the going rate for this type of work?
Now where is the Jaquizi water polo cheerleaders when we need them :?: (**)
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Couple of updates:

- I have managed to get the use of Howard Betts's hangar so we do not need the marquee anymore. The club house and the hangar are a 5 min walk - ok for the 1st 10 trips so anyone that wants to lend us a golf cart - please do.

- Air / other scouts > great idea. I know that our Chairman is involved with them in Durban and Karl Jensen ( Jhb / EAA ) does the same up here - I'll send Karl an e-mail

- Hey the debate returns ! - Hooters vs chimps as barman -= Te he - no comments received on the Xmas mag - no lasses in the mag so nobody read it? I never got a single comment on the mag and nobody sent the little chap in calipers an old model plane - very sad - Will have to spice up the Easter Bunny? With a touch of spice I get about a couple of hundred comments. Crazy! Guess who on the forum is designing the shootout T shirts? Be brave - own up and do a poll on the depth of the V-neck!

- all presentation slots now taken.

- I have e-mailed the latest programme to 1,340 (2011 members list) - Aero Club will distribute further.
- It was in the Xmas mag, on microlighters, on AVCOM and now e-mailed

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE - you can do it here or give details and needs by filling in the form > http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=307

REMEMBER THAT FROM 1 FEBRUARY - YOU CAN VOTE ONLINE AT WWW.MISASA.CO.ZA FOR YOUR SHOOTOUT CHOICE IN EACH CATEGORY - SO IF YOU CANNOT BE THERE - BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR OPINION COUNT

fly safe
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 pm

alanmack wrote:Couple of updates:

- Air / other scouts > great idea. I know that our Chairman is involved with them in Durban and Karl Jensen ( Jhb / EAA ) does the same up here - I'll send Karl an e-mail
Alan,

I have access to a mailing list with all scout troops in Gauteng, and have discussed the possibility with one of the Provincial commissioners already... So have kinda got the ball rolling already on that... If you guys could send me a summarised flyer that could go out to them, I will happily send it... Although I am all to happy to work with Karl...

An option for the "student jobs" excluding the Bar jobs, woudl be to get scouts to do those, so that they can raise funds for their troops...

Chat soon

Craig
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Re: MISASA Spoilt by Choice Fly-In TEDDERFIELD 04/02/12

Postby Madman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Count me in as well ##
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: MISASA Spoilt by Choice Fly-In TEDDERFIELD 04/02/12

Postby Alpha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:21 am

Hey Hey...

Mail sent ...I am in...be flying in from Klip that day...woooooooooohoooooooo (^^) (^^)

Blue skies
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby DarkHelmet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Topics merged
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE - you can do it here or give details and needs by filling in the form > http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=307
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:01 pm

John Boucher wrote:PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE - you can do it here or give details and needs by filling in the form > http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=307
Will be there!
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
maximilian
First solo

Postby maximilian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Me too plus. 5
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Tedderfield 4th February ?

Postby Alpha » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Skin wrote:I'm going to fly there early the Saturday morning, pitch a tent next to my plane, enjoy the day with some friends and refreshments(cold ones), spend the night next to my red jet in the klein tentjie and fly back early the Sunday morning. Who's going to join me???

Skin
Hi Skin,

I will be doing the same, and I know Madman wants to join so we will pitch tent next to yours (^^)
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Tedderfield 4th February

Postby Tribal Croc » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Alpha wrote:
Skin wrote:I'm going to fly there early the Saturday morning, pitch a tent next to my plane, enjoy the day with some friends and refreshments(cold ones), spend the night next to my red jet in the klein tentjie and fly back early the Sunday morning. Who's going to join me???

Skin
Hi Skin,

I will be doing the same, and I know Madman wants to join so we will pitch tent next to yours (^^)
Hendrik my ou maat vat ear plugs saam anders gaan jy WIFI luister tot vroeg oggend :wink: :lol:
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:09 pm

OK, after seeing what I hope is a large response for this event, I have spoken to two of our team and they are happy to come up as well and offer a fitment service. These fellows fit anything that we manufacture. Vee rabbits, strobes, led front lights, intercoms, powers supplies. Replace visors and bibs. They will also be able to fit and test Trigg transponders which will require enough notice also. We make these dishes for Aquillas.

To offer this service however it must be pre ordered so we dont waste time with one or two projects.

Please email me with advance notice those that are interested.

I will also need a hangar with power...

I will also have available 17 ah SLA batteries which we are negotiating a really good price for the show. Mrs Zulu is on the case at the moment...

Zulu1
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

ZULU1 wrote:OK, after seeing what I hope is a large response for this event, I have spoken to two of our team and they are happy to come up as well and offer a fitment service. These fellows fit anything that we manufacture. Vee rabbits, strobes, led front lights, intercoms, powers supplies. Replace visors and bibs. They will also be able to fit and test Trigg transponders which will require enough notice also. We make these dishes for Aquillas.

To offer this service however it must be pre ordered so we dont waste time with one or two projects.

Please email me with advance notice those that are interested.

I will also need a hangar with power...

I will also have available 17 ah SLA batteries which we are negotiating a really good price for the show. Mrs Zulu is on the case at the moment...

Zulu1
NICE TOUCH PAUL (^^) (^^) ......Now that's service, (**) (**) but we know this from you guys. xxx xxx
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks we can only try...I have a question for both the cape pilots and also misasa:

If this event is a success, why cant a similar event be arranged in the Cape?

Kzn is too close to Jhb.

Somebody needs to drive it...

Cheers Paul
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

ZULU1 wrote:Thanks we can only try...I have a question for both the cape pilots and also misasa:

If this event is a success, why cant a similar event be arranged in the Cape?

Kzn is too close to Jhb.

Somebody needs to drive it...

Cheers Paul
Paul... I see no reason why not.

It would be really good to be able to do something similar down in the Cape. Lets see how things pan out (^^)