NOTAMS, AIC and AIP renewals

Matters of general interest
Fairy Flycatcher
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

NOTAMS, AIC and AIP renewals

Postby Fairy Flycatcher » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:26 am

Some of you might have noticed that there hasn't been any bundles of white and yellow paper to file over the last couple of months.

I spoke to Publications at SACAA and they have confirmed that February, March and April Notams, AIC's and AIP suplements are delayed. As these documents are our one of only 2 means of receiving very important info from CAA (the others trying to navigate their website), to me its a clear sign of some wheels starting to wobble a bit.
:roll: :?

:D BUT, on a better note: I was terribly late in renewing my AIP subscription. I just forgot about it really..., and as CAA are not good at sending reminders (as most of you know by now), I only thought about it again when I phoned them about the NOTAMS.

On Thursday morning I paid my renewal and sent proof of this off to publication at CAA. On Saturday morning the parcel was in the post. Not just the current AIP's, but every single bundle of AIP's I have missed in the 6 months in which I forgot to pay. No questions asked. Just efficient service.

Very well done to the guys at CAA publications, and thank you. I can't even get this kind of service out of my magazine subscriptions!

Thank you!

=D* =D* =D*
Annie
www.comefly.co.za
Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living