WHY SO LITTLE INTERACTION

Matters of general interest
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

WHY SO LITTLE INTERACTION

Postby The Agent » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:50 pm

Why is it that so few of the microlighters interact with some of the postings. I am also on Avcom and there seems to realy be a huge comaradery amongst the members. O this site maybe the photo thing is part of it or I don't realy know. I must be honest that you guys on this site are the people I should be laking to as I also fly a ultralight. Just here and there is one or two guys always making comments Don't you guys think that we as members of this site should make it more interesting for others to view and to join, I just see and participate with the Avcom guys BUT they mostly fly blik erries and I should maybe not be there, but it's social. The other day at Rand was great, but no Microlighters, maybe a cap or some form of ID for our members.

Please let me have your comments, and be possitive please.
Rhino Park is always open for coffie over weekends, please pop in.
My hanger number is 19 no coffie there only a dop after flying.
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper
MADDOG
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby MADDOG » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi Agent

I believe it may be 'cause microlights are are so much more affordable that we MPLs go fly in our spare time and not just talk about flying.
Aquilla the Hun
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 pm

I think Maddog has a point there.

The site has been quiet lately, all with the shock of Microwave tragic accident.
:cry: :cry:
And remember, it has also been a long weekend so a lot of guy's have been on leave, including myself. But I am back and I'll try to keep my side up
Greg Perkins
ICEMAN
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby ICEMAN » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:26 pm

Agent.........

I agree with you, we have 700 registered members yet only a handful of regulars........ if each person sent one reply or topic per per day, that would be 700 topics each day :shock: .......

Chances are pretty good that there are plenty of registered members online, who hanger near you or at your home field that you dont even know exist.......
ZU-CPW..... t/bird mk2
Hoedspruit Civil Airfield
Hangar 8
eyetie
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby eyetie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Yeah i agree with morpheus , its been a long weekend and the tragic accident that claimed the life of microwave have all contributed to the forum being quiet.

I am a new comer to the forum and flying i must say i really enjoy the forum. I have learnt a lot by reading all the topics. I also have noticed that there aren't that many microlighters from the durban area that use the forum that much. I am sure as time goes on i will have more and more questions that i wil be posting on the forum, as there is a lot of guys with vast experience on the forum from whom i can learn.
Have to fly
GR8-DAD
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby GR8-DAD » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Agent,

Ja Nee....very quiet. I do however recall a comment not too long ago on the subject "ONE" where we were accused :twisted: of having nothing else to do but talk k@k .....wonder who it was :roll: :roll:

Then, most MPL actually have real jobs so that we can remain airborne in our affordable vessels and we probably have made peace that we will not be able to afford bliks and therefore have less time to surf the net (Afrikaans :"Skrop die Werf") cause we have a boss to satisfy. I'm not suggesting that Blik-riders are all wealthy and do not have real jobs, probably just different types of jobs compared to the ordinary MPL. :?: or maybe we all struggle to make ends meet :?: :?:

Maybe my imagination, but lately my navigation speed on this forum has slowed down a bit - don't know why? :?:
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi Agent,

I agree, Far too quiet. I guess maybe, most 'participators' are still absorbed or recovering from the weekend fly-ins. Also, the loss seems to make all else so trivial.

What ever is posted, has high viewer ratings, but maybe when the okes are back at work :twisted:

I think everyone should bombard the forum with pics, feedback, the and embarrassments from the weekend, so us armchair pilots can also feel as if we 'participating'.

Me, when work allows me a gap, all I check is k$k weather. Do I zoom around the patch or suspend anything more substantial till we have that 'perfect day.'

Check out the weather forecast. Since December, there where all those isobars congregate and forecast is 80% thundershowers - just east of Swaziland - thats Secunda :evil: Drove to Middleburg airstrip yesterday and all I saw was 1 blik doing circuits and about 5 radio controlled planes. :o

I'd not be happy leaving sunrise and arriving sunset, so have even decided to modify my 8 foot trailor to take the trike, just incase I 'm stranded. :(
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 pm

I believe that there is a few differences between ourselves and AVCOM and that is they have been up longer than us, they have a bigger population, 1343 member vs our 705 and they appeal to the greater GA audience whereas we focus on Microlighting. However, considering that this forum has been up since 22 May 2005, a mere 9 months, it has grown wonderfully. There are a lot of new guys, GR8-Dad, Bennie Vorster, etc who are active on the site and this is what it needs.
Greg Perkins
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Agent » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:21 pm

Thanks to all so I see that I am not the only one who feels that irt can be better. Guys don't get me wrong about comparing us with Avcom, let me tell you they might have more members but there are much more microlights owned privately than bliks. I know that the weekend had to do with it but still only the usuals are on the air.
This forum should also be used to ensure that we opperate in a safe manner and if you see someone doing wrong, report it I believe the folks get away with murder and the rest of us are all blamed by the same manner. It's just after all this time not being to hot wiff da computor but I can help myself I still cannot post a pic, Bliksem and I so much to share, every time jcvb takes my shots from Avcom and places them, thanks bud. hey all we also want is for our aviation dreams and flying stories to be seen and that is why Afskies is there we all need to participate and we as microlighters will have one of the best mags.
OK further comments appreciated.
Empty Toy Box
Graham Cooper
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby DarkHelmet » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 pm

I was struck by a bad case of the RL (real life) and my participation has been minimal.

But yes, I still read daily but don't have time to respond to each post anymore like I used to!

I like to read up on the banter though...
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:52 pm

The Agent wrote:It's just after all this time not being to hot wiff da computor.....
That must be why you haven't replied to my email I sent you :D

Duck Rogers
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two
krusty

Postby krusty » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:25 am

I can hardly keep up with the number of posts on Avcom. If this place becomes as busy as that one, I'm not sure what I'll do :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
http://www.adultlounge.co.za
Ignore my spelling, I'm probably drunk.
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:12 am

The forum is permanently open on my machine which is permanently on the net but due to being outa my office all day i cannot allways respond i can only read the threads. It has helped me through times when i am pissed off and times when i don't know my A$$ from my ELBOW but i make sure i get me fix everyday.
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Bennie Vorster
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Bennie Vorster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:59 am

ICEMAN wrote: I agree with you, we have 700 registered members yet only a handful of regulars........ if each person sent one reply or topic per per day, that would be 700 topics each day :shock: .......
ICEMAN

And if 699 post something per day, what's left for me to say? :shock: :wink:
Growing old is far more dangerous than flying !!!
Bennie Vorster
083 277 5110
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Agent » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:53 pm

Thanks there DR. Bennie Vorster

I always look forward to your scribes.

You signiture should read "The Doctor"

Russel your email is in the waves and going at the speed of light to rteach you personally. Sorry about delay.
Empty Toy Box
Graham Cooper