Microlight tragedy in Drakensberg

Matters of general interest
afskies scribe
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Microlight tragedy in Drakensberg

Postby afskies scribe » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:00 am

Just read on Avcom that a microlight went down yesterday at Dragon's Peak, followed by confirmation by Demon that Microwave passed away in a microlighting accident in the Drakensberg and that the wreckage was found Sat 16:30. More info on Microlighters Accident & Incident Reports forum. To Demon, the rest of the Rietfontein gang and Micro's family, deepest condolences on this tragic loss. :cry:
scribbles
Nothing beats FLYing!
ZU-FLY
Robin Hood
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Robin Hood » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:29 am

My very deepest condolences on this tragic loss to all involved. To those flying back , please fly high and safe. :( :( :shock:
Aerosan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Aerosan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:51 am

This is very sad , my condolences to his family and friends. Im sure he will be missed.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Redeye
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Redeye » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 am

Vulture & I have been in a state of shock since we found out- Microwave was one the BEST- when we :cry: started on trikes he was kinda always there for us - giving us advice etc-We are so very broken up over this- :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Flying flying flying-- and a bit of gliding
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Agent » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:49 pm

It was so sad to once again read this type of news cast.
Demon I'm sure you will pass all the members condolences as well as from the Avcom members to the family involved.

Demon if you are able to let us know what happenned it would be appreciated as there are a number of young and older pilots who want to learn from other mistakes if there indeed was one.
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper