RAASA Thanks and chuckles

Matters of general interest
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

RAASA Thanks and chuckles

Postby Dish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

Another faaaantaatsic experience at RAASA yesterday, barring the fact that i wasnt aware they had moved... when i did get to their building, took all of twenty mins to renew my Authority To Fly - Excellent service thanks folk !!!!!!

was a bit of a chuckle moment as when i entered RAASA office, had a short discussion about the requirements, one of which was to check and ensure my aero club membership. enquiring as to where i should do this i was advised that Aeroclub are in "the offices next door" a short walk round the corner. As instructed i walk the 30 metres round the corner and into the offices of the Aeroclub, to be faced with......???? the same lady who served me at RAASA.!!!!! .. How funny was that...??? reminded of of the old post office toonbank days when several transactions had to take place at several different counters in different locations, all staffed by the same person... and the best is when you arrived the person who just helped you at one desk, (helping you at the next) would say "can i help you"... uuummmm you just sent me here, surely you should know?? ha ha ha -

Hilarious, so i do the necessary at Aeroclub, leave, walk the 30 metres round the corner back into Raasa and there the same lady sits, waiting to help - was a GOOD chuckle on a busy day !! Notwithstanding, it was a great experience, the lady I refer to was as sharp as can be, the paperwork was in order and twenty mins later i was back in traffic ATF in hand

Thanks RAASA - think it might have been a big challenge elsewhere!!
RV9
DISH
weedy
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Re: RAASA Thanks and chuckles

Postby weedy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 am

Nice story Dish vhpy
Claude
wildthing
First solo

Postby wildthing » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the story Dish, and very happy to hear of good experiences at RAASA.
However you were not helped by the same person, what you experienced was in fact two sisters who look very similar if you don’t know them.

RAASA and Aero club decided to keep their office in the same building when we moved as we work very closely together and share certain facilities, however RAASA and Aero club are two very distinctly separate organisations.

Still had a good chuckle.
Pierre
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm

ha ha - sooo thats the secret,!!! vhpy vhpy - as I said was certainly not a complaint, I had a great experience and I CRINGE to think what my experience might have been like elsewhere - good news is that with a freshly renewed ATF I had three beautiful bantam hours of flying this weekend !!! vhpy
RV9
DISH
Jean Crous
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jean Crous » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: Hey Dish, in a case like this it isn`t bad manners to look a little lower than the face, maybe you would have seen they had different clothes on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ## ##
The new front seat solo Cubby MK2 powered by Rotax 912 S 100hp
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
SACAA Approved Person 402
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Hmmmmm... a clear case of "mistaken identity" :lol: or was it "split personalities"
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
BOOMARANG
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Postby BOOMARANG » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 pm

I also renewed my ATF and license today and must compliment the two ladies at the front desk. Handed my stuff in, went to Jenya and when I came back all was done and ready. The R780 did hurt a bit......but what the hell, I can fly!!!

Thanks for the great service!!
BOOMARANG
Blue Eagle
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby Blue Eagle » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

I also went to the wrong building inside the main gate and spent a good 15 minutes looking for Hangar 50... on 26 July; had to just hand my medical renewal in... that little yellow copy.... is that it? One just hands it over to the receptionist. Very easy, in and out in under 2 minutes.
"Every day is an Air Show.... just watch the birds...."