South African Magazines

Matters of general interest
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

South African Magazines

Postby gertcoetzee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:14 pm

Although I have let my subscription to all the South African magazines lapse due lack of coverage of items of interest to microlighters, and preponderance (what a word) to covering air show administration etc. it seems as if the April AP would be worth getting:

African Pilot Newsletter Vol.5 No.11

This past week was a frenzy of activity in the AP offices as we strived to make our deadline. Although we managed, as we always do, this month's aircraft survey - Microlights - made our task extremely difficult. The April survey consists of about thirty eight aircraft, and we thank everyone that participated.
Cali
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Cali » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 pm

Gert. Have you gotten your African Skies mag yet.
At +- R 25.00 a pop for aviation mags I tend to only buy when I can see there is something about ML's (like AP April).
What I like about African Skies is the fact that it caters more for ML's and Gyro's (to much if you ask me :twisted: ) but still something we like, and not for PPL and every once in a while mention a ML.
Airborne Edge X
32-4331
"BLUEY"
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

South African Magazines

Postby Leprachaun » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 pm

Hey guys , If you have paid your dues , you will receive your copy of the new MicroFlight magazine soon. I received mine in the mail this weekend .
I think the new editor did a great job , Leprachaun :lol: :D
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:50 pm

Agreed.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: South African Magazines

Postby skybound® » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:57 am

gertcoetzee wrote:The April survey consists of about thirty eight aircraft, and we thank everyone that participated.
Lets hope that the costings are correct this time (I know it is not the mags fault as they publish the costing received from the supplier).

I get my batton bungees in a twist when they have in big print R xxx xxx and in small print - price excludes shipping, shipping insurance, customs, vat, unpacking of crate, construction costs, consumables, petrol, administration, toilet cleaner, tea & coffee........ :x :x :x
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:14 pm

Hey guys , If you have paid your dues , you will receive your copy of the new MicroFlight magazine soon. I received mine in the mail this weekend .
Have been trying for 3 months to get info from MISASA in order for me to pay my dues. Gave up.