Have a blast! (^^) Missing out fore sure :(
Andries Kruger
ZU-CSZ Aquilla 582 (Bumble bee)
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: The 2014 MISASA "Shootout" KittyHawk 8th Feb

Postby ZULU1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:41 am

Sorry we couldnt make it this year, working flat out on our EOD production which is our core business.

Enjoy and fly safe.

Nico, the prize still stands ! Name the winner here..

Zulu1
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Kosie
Signed up at flight school

Postby Kosie » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:44 pm

A big thank you and congratulations on an extremely well-organized event. Although not a pilot myself (boo-hoo) I really, really enjoyed the day at Kitty Hawk. And weren't the little chaps in their uniforms a pleasure? Not to mention their neat campsite! I had some concern about the service of the restaurant beforehand, but you guys organized the food and drinks extremely well. I enjoyed the day so much, I almost bought a plane! You microlighters rock, big time. Looking forward to next year.
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:38 pm

A big thank you to all concerned "what a perfect day" ...... Loved very moment, great spread of plans love the chipmunks the most ....it was impressive to see the proper airmen in their trikes ..... WELL DONE GUYS WE ARE PROUD OF YOU "TRIKES RULE " ... To the ladies in the tower you are the stars of the show .... Who ever you are .. You are our all angels and we love you dearly ... THANK YOU .... To all behind the eats and drinks ..... You saved many life's that's for sure THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS...Cheers to you all...Last but not least to the Marshall and the Boy/Girl Scouts .... Your where the best..... WELL DONE.......
Ps ....The weather panned out to be a perfect day hot as hell to say the least.... Can not wait for next year....
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
avgas
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby avgas » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:30 pm

It was a blast (^^)
Thanks for all from the ladies in the tower to all my friends a saw again.
Till next year
Real men don't have to kill a Rhino for a Horn
Balls to the wall
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:14 pm

WELL DONE MISASA !!! :!: :!: :!:
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Hangarguy
Pre flight checks done

Postby Hangarguy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:34 am

Cool event with some great aeries on display - well done!
Bantam owner
Low time NPL
Lots to learn
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 am

What a fantastic day! vhpy
It looked dodgy at 5:00 when I got there...BY CAR...but...
It cleared up to become a fantastic day, and well attended too!
Well done to all who were there, from the organisers, suppliers, manufacturers and caterers, to the pilots and aviation enthusiasts who made the day the success it was. You all did a fantastic job! =D*
The gees was there in numbers!

Thank you MISASA for organising the event, and for giving us the opportunity to test the waters with our radio format music.
Bundy, now that you know what to expect, I hope more pilots, suppliers and enthusiasts come to see us and have a chat at the DJ box. After all, it's all about the gees :wink:

Pics to follow

(^^)
Plane-less
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:10 am

20140208_082804.jpg
20140208_082804.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
20140208_142603.jpg
20140208_142603.jpg (70.85 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
20140208_142701.jpg
20140208_142701.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
20140208_143418.jpg
20140208_143418.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
20140208_143428.jpg
20140208_143428.jpg (65.17 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
20140208_123707.jpg
20140208_123707.jpg (75.52 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
Plane-less
Meiring
Signed up at flight school

Postby Meiring » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks to Century Avionics for the Aware 2 GPS I won at yesterdays event. Drove through from Nelspruit in the morning and two darts later I'm the proud owner of a nice new GPS !!!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:15 pm

I am proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of the team that put this year's event together. I wish to thank you all for enjoying a great day I have only had positive feedback on with us.
My salutes, as usual, go to those hard working members of our Committee who do what they do to make such events possible. You know who you are. (^^)

Watching my fellow aviators chilling, mingling and enjoying themselves in such an awesome venue and atmosphere really is food for the soul. (^^)

Incident free and conducted in a positive spirit, this event is completely unique and for the 3rd year in a row, despite the late move to FAKT, was a resounding success based on a proven "winning recipe" (!!)

My personal thanks go to:

Nigel Musgrave/Paul Sabattier (Safety officers...a long day in the sun and a job well done.) (^^)
Our ATC's for the day. (^^)
Graham Field/Mike Rumble for their ongoing support and involvement in the event.
The Air Scouts
Wilma (FAKT Restaurant) for a monumental effort on the catering/refreshments. (I take my hat off to you Ma'am!)
FAKT Trustees/owners for allowing us the use of their facilities.
The pilots (Barrie, Jason,Neville) of the "Missing Man" formation.... for a tear jerking tribute to our fallen flyers. (-) It was beautiful guys... :)
Abbott and Crabb (how could I possibly describe these "clowns"??) :lol: Awesome stuff. (!!)
The Aviation suppliers who made the effort to display.
Noel Green (DJ and Radio X)

Last, but certainly not least....

"the common thugs"...ja....you okes! You really are the heart and soul of the event! GEES! (!!) (^^)

I do believe in, "What happens on tour".....stays "on tour"....but Rafiek....you really can't sing for sh!t bud!!!! ## Please don't quit your day job and enjoy your Numbi Prize. (^^)

You guys rock...and despite the fact that I cant feel my legs today, I had a great time with you all.

See you next year. (^^)
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Congrats to Bundy, John and the rest of the organisers, as well as the ATC, marshals and Scouts for providing a fantastic event.

Nice to meet up with previous fly- in drinking mates- The Mockes from Upington, Philip from Bundu as well as my GT and Numbi drinking mates.

Pity had to leave early. A half a day is far too short. We should do this more often.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Bundy wrote:I am proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of the team that put this year's event together. I wish to thank you all for enjoying a great day I have only had positive feedback on with us.
My salutes, as usual, go to those hard working members of our Committee who do what they do to make such events possible. You know who you are. (^^)

Watching my fellow aviators chilling, mingling and enjoying themselves in such an awesome venue and atmosphere really is food for the soul. (^^)

Incident free and conducted in a positive spirit, this event is completely unique and for the 3rd year in a row, despite the late move to FAKT, was a resounding success based on a proven "winning recipe" (!!)

My personal thanks go to:

Nigel Musgrave/Paul Sabattier (Safety officers...a long day in the sun and a job well done.) (^^)
Our ATC's for the day. (^^)
Graham Field/Mike Rumble for their ongoing support and involvement in the event.
The Air Scouts
Wilma (FAKT Restaurant) for a monumental effort on the catering/refreshments. (I take my hat off to you Ma'am!)
FAKT Trustees/owners for allowing us the use of their facilities.
The pilots (Barrie, Jason,Neville) of the "Missing Man" formation.... for a tear jerking tribute to our fallen flyers. (-) It was beautiful guys... :)
Abbott and Crabb (how could I possibly describe these "clowns"??) :lol: Awesome stuff. (!!)
The Aviation suppliers who made the effort to display.
Noel Green (DJ and Radio X)

Last, but certainly not least....

"the common thugs"...ja....you okes! You really are the heart and soul of the event! GEES! (!!) (^^)

I do believe in, "What happens on tour".....stays "on tour"....but Rafiek....you really can't sing for sh!t bud!!!! ## Please don't quit your day job and enjoy your Numbi Prize. (^^)

You guys rock...and despite the fact that I cant feel my legs today, I had a great time with you all.

See you next year. (^^)

:lol:

What an awesome Event,I was really surprised about the win and even more surprised to be singing...bwaahaa..good thing I was few dops ahead to worry about how bad I sounded :lol:

Thanx Dish for sharing the stage with me...really had a lot of fun ##

Well done to MISASA for yet another insanely awesome event...like we said...it can only get better and you guys and gals just proved it ##

Wopaaaaa :lol:

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"