Proposed Amendment of CAR and CATS Part 55 & 56

Matters of general interest

Proposed Amendment of CAR and CATS Part 55 & 56

Postby John Boucher » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:57 am

Good morning all ...

The following has been submitted by RAASA to CARCom for amendments to the CARS and CATS.

As it will affect some of our members, study them carefully.

Please submit comments to either myself chairman@misasa.org or Thelma admin@misasa.org before the 16th January 2017

I have compiled it into a single PDF for ease....

John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2016/17 (... back in the seat!)
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Cheetah No 1 CMT - the project should get some attention now that I have some free time on my hands!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Proposed Amendment of CAR and CATS Part 55 & 56

Postby John Boucher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm

So I posted this long ago.... no comments from industry / AP's etc.... You all happy with this?
John Boucher
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Cheetah No 1 CMT - the project should get some attention now that I have some free time on my hands!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 pm

I got very few tangible complaints and comments iro the proposal. The complaints I did receive however were sufficient to raise red lights and thus, on behalf of MISASA, I have submitted a request to CARCOM to have the proposal referred back to a sub-committee for serious deliberation and industry participation... JB
John Boucher
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Yolande » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi John,

We are not happy with this, it was just a very bad time to post this when most of industry was closing businesses over the festive season for a break, most companies only got back to the office last week.

I am busy with a letter and will submit to Aeroclub, I believe that Misasa has submitted a letter, please can you forward to me.

Yolande Combrinck
Vice Chair
SAGPA

info@sagpa.co.za or yolande@rafsa.co.za
Yolande
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby John Boucher » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi Yolande ... I think any chance of comments or extension thereof closed yesterday. Will e-mail letter to you
John Boucher
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby greg vos » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi John

I have spoken to a few AP's about the proposed new regs, seems none are enthusiastic about it?
I looked at it closely and I must admit, as man who likes to 'tinker' it seems it will create some problems. On the other forum I read the response from RAASA.

RAASA and Aeroclub have (IMO) sufficient regulations in place to see to it NTCA are safe, in some cases over regulation will see some problems surface that will have a negative impact on safety (180 degrees out of phase with the intention) this could see many pilots and home builders not embracing the changes and in fact thereby see safety of certain segments being compromised.
I appreciate that the authority is trying to make our hobby and sport safer? but I cant help wondering how many accidents or deaths arise from guys taking shortcuts on the tech side? So is this the place to add more reg's?

Rather simply apply the regs currently in place and offer more in depth courses for AP's and home builders and encourage that the many highly skilled people who make it possible for lessor enthusiasts to fly share there knowledge, at as little cost as possible.

As it stands this new proposed regulation will prohibit me doing the most basic of things? static balancing of a propeller ? Splinting the reduction box and adding a slipper clutch or shims???

Rant mode off :|

As I raise my glass (filled with a single malt Glenn) I cant but wonder if they have intention that will see some sectors gain financially :?:
greg vos
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Return to Hangar Talk