Help a fellow pilot – Raffle

Matters of general interest
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Help a fellow pilot – Raffle

Postby Leprachaun » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:01 am

Well done guys , i think Marius is on the way to recovery , thanks to all of you who dug deep into your pockets , This is what it is about , Marius can loo kback at his loss, write it off to experience and continue - General aviation is presently under severe pressure , it is seen as the whitemans sport , the present government does not look kindly to small aircraft, and will put pressure on this industry to make it extremely difficult to participate in , Look at new legislation re maintenance etc , things are just becoming more ridiculous by the day , that is why we have to maintain what we have and look after one-another . Larry thanks for the gesture , I will deliver the GPS to Marius , (^^) (^^) , and once again thanks to all the pilots and friends who assisted Alex Rudd Leprachaun (^^) (^^) (^^)
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
flybynite
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby flybynite » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:27 am

Was an honour and big pleasure to help. When I started my flying school in 2009 my second student on his second solo flight had a full engine failure in my beloved Cheetah ZU-DHH. But in my case I was luckier. ZU-DHH was written off but my student survived without a scratch. That is why I feel for you Marius.

Regards

Larry
klein
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby klein » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:36 pm

flybynite wrote:Thank You Guys. I do not need the Gps. May I suggest that we send it to Marius?

Warm Regards

Larry

Well done Sir !! (^^) (^^)
I have slipped the surely bonds of earth, and danced the sky’s on laughter-silvered wings ------- Keith Ferris
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:29 pm

ZS-NEL wrote:Good morning to all.

Guys from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank each and everyone for this overwhelming support. It was unbelievable to sea what Alex's initiative of this raffle achieved in only about 3 weeks and I am blessed to be part of an aviation community who cares so much about my personal loss and even from people that I have never met including a few anonymous persons. May you all be greatly blessed in whatever you do. Words can not express the appreciation I have for all your support and help through this terrible time. Not only financial but also the trauma support from my fellow Kroon pilots and friends and students. I cannot think of anything worse that can happen to an instructor and not loosing a plane but a student in front of your eyes in the circuit. This nightmare will unfortunately stick with me for the rest of my life but with your support I will find the courage to carry on with what I love and live for - I salute you!

As you all might know I am a full time instructor who was trying to earn a living out of my passion when disaster struck. Just for some background - When my trusted and beloved Aquilla ZU-DLO suddenly found herself without an engine it left myself and many students grounded and I had to find finance for a new engine and ordered a new 582 shortblock from Comet Aviation about six weeks ago with a 50% deposit on order. What seems like the perfect business decision at the time was to use the remaining 50% on buying Windlass ZU-BMS. This would at least keep the students flying and the income constant during the 6 to 8 weeks delivery time. This was one of the best and cleanest Windlasse's around and it was already sold on again to a student to recover the 50% balance once the engine arrives. This plan was flawless - until the morning of 7 June when the whole world just collapse under me.

With your help and support I am well on track and came very close to the outstanding balance once the new short-block arrives hopefully next week. For this I am grateful and will past this blessing on in future.

THANK YOU PILOT FRIENDS AND STUDENTS. (-)
Stay safe
Marius Nel
Marius, as a former student of yours, I can truly say you are a good man who is dedicated to flying. When I was looking for a flight school all those years ago, you were the one who convinced me to come fly at the flight school you were instructor at, at the time. If it wasn't for your insistence, I wouldn't be flying today. When training, somehow we always ended up flying later in the morning,in wind, and it taught me how to deal with those conditions later on when my real learning began after I got my licence. You taught me how to land properly, and I'm sure many other students have become better pilots through your efforts. I'm glad you'll be getting back in the saddle, as we'd be a much poorer community if it wasn't for your dedication to the sport.
Sterkte maat (^^)
Plane-less
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi aviators.
Short update. Tomorrow i will be running the 1hour break in procedure for Rotax 582 on ZU-DLO and shortly after that I will be taking to the skies. Whooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

Thank you. Tank you. Thank you all.

(^^)
swartkat
Pre flight checks done

Postby swartkat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 am

whooop whoop (^^) (^^) vhpy =D* =D* =D* =D*
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 am

ZS-NEL wrote:Hi aviators.
Short update. Tomorrow i will be running the 1hour break in procedure for Rotax 582 on ZU-DLO and shortly after that I will be taking to the skies. Whooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

Thank you. Tank you. Thank you all.

(^^)
(^^) (^^) (^^) (!!)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR