Matters of general interest
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: The 2014 MISASA "Shootout" KittyHawk 8th Feb

Postby alanmack » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 pm

2014-BEST-OF-THE-BEST-AVIATION-SHOWCASE.png
2014-BEST-OF-THE-BEST-AVIATION-SHOWCASE.png (42.72 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
When I heard that all the ducks were not to be allowed to fly at Tedderfield I was devastated.

Did they want The Aviation Showcase and Pilots for Pilots Day to be another bacon & eggs fly-in?

Then when I heard about the reaction to the switch to Kitty Hawk I was astounded and so will you be. The venue is proving to be a very popular choice. Certainly the location of the Club House, the Hospitality of the Kitty Hawk Committee and a whole lot more people that are going that extra mile to create another cracker of a day need to be thanked. Just think, all the ducks will be there. You will be able to swim around, get up close and who knows maybe you will find your next ex and be able to quack all day long about it.

Aircraft of all types will be there. Bring your piggy bank and buy a model, maybe a dune buggy, LSA, GPS or a kit etc If you are more serious about flying and the love of your life is an aircraft, then bring the labola for there will be plenty to love!

DEALS - DEALS - DEALS
All suppliers will have a DEAL OF THE DAY. We will be there loading DEALS - then for those that cannot make it - download the DEAL POCKET ADVISOR to your phone or PC and browse the deals. You can phone in - we will be loading pictures to each suppliers listing all day long. You will be able to visit the training schools - and - get a training DEAL. Visit an AP and get a DEAL. It is all about suppliers offering irresistible DEALS - and what's great is that you will be able to load the APP to your phone and browse even if you are on Monty's Pont in Malagas sipping your plum wit blits! In fact if you are a school or supplier in the Cape, as an example, you can be listed and we will load your DEALS onto the APP also.

Our POCKET ADVISOR APP will go live on 25 January 2014 and on that date it will be rather empty. Deals will be loaded from then and as stated we will keep loading bargains - so bring your smart phones and enjoy the AVIATION SHOWCASE.
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: MISASA Tedderfield Event 8 Feb Moves to Kitty Hawk

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:05 pm

You can just as well post me that Oshkosh ticket now.

BUT IN CASE ....

For a 1:200 bet on an Oshkosh chance there is no way in hell I will not be there !!!

Full support on the Kitty Hawk Shoot Out from us at FABS !!! Good decision MISASA vhpy
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:51 am

No way Roel, it is mine!!
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Bulletjie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Bulletjie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Twee honde baklei oor 'n been........ (^^) Dankie julle twee!
Dream more when you are awake!
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm

What a shame, i liked Tedderfield and also that great Hotel with a home made dorp jol on the Friday night..we will be in attendance with a special..light sets for hangar usage..i am going to grab a spot on Alans webo number.

So its no more Thuggerfield and MiSASA have conformed to the norm...as long as it remains a MISASA event and doesnt get torpedoed by other sections, I will support it...

See you up there and where is an equivalent to the Lido, dont think there is? (**)

Please guys dont let the other sections (excluding the EAA, Gyros and PPG boys torpedoe this if they do it will be a boring 182 fly in..

The Zulu1 fly in prize, to be audited by Nico Willemse..the trike pilot with the longest flight in hours to get to the show. Sorry i am discriminating against 3 axis machines as Trikes are what its about..we want many at the show.

I am in danger of giving witwillem a special on intercoms as his creepy crawly must be worn out by now so he must bring it with him..

Zulu 1 and not the other one..
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Does the prize go to one person or a group...as us Crosswinds Boyz will be flying together ,haha..we will fly via Klip to FAKT...that shud be a nice long one :lol:

What is the prize anyway :)

Gonna be awesome as always...Looking forward to getting FAKT UP :lol:
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Ask Nico! hes the auditor...
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Madman wrote: What is the prize anyway :)
For the Chaingang.... a pedicure! :lol:
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 pm

ZULU1 wrote:Ask Nico! hes the auditor...
(!!) (!!)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:56 pm

:lol:
Will the Tailwinds be administering it ##

Laat wiel Nico,wat is dit :P

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Well the longest flights would have gone to Gyronaught flying up in a gaggle of gyros ;-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Guys I have merged these topics, no point in having two separate threads on the same subject. :)

Bring on the banter, the hype and excitement!
Madman wrote::lol:
Will the Tailwinds be administering it ##
Rafiek...I wouldn't even touch your feet with someone else's hands! ## (**)
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 am

The Zulu1 "Fly in" (Big Bladder prize) prize rules are as follows:

Nico Willemse has the final say in the validation of flight times.
The trike that flies the furthest in hours flown, NOT DISTANCE on the fly in leg, this does not include the return leg, so if a trike takes off in Alberton and flies for 6 hours to get there and he has the longest flight for that day, he may win.

The prize is only open for trikes.

Gyros, Three axis, PPL types and PPG s do not qualify for entry.

Prize is R1,000 towards any Air Magic product.

Louis Cole won the Africa Cup prize and Rob Mc Fie was the auditor, he completed 9 hrs and won a set of Grippas.

The prize will be known as the Big bladder prize from now on !

Wit willem will be the MC in the presentation of the award...

Now where is the closest Hotel or boarding house ?
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 am

Update on arrangements....

Camping:
Those pilots wanting to camp over at the field are welcome to. You can either pitch a tent under your wing or in the designated spot which is on a grassy terrace east of the hangers. There will be one or two hangers made available on the Sat night as well for those who do not wish to cart the tent there. We will provide toilets on site from the Fri to the Monday but as yet we cannot offer any shower facilities unfortunately. The restaurant is open for meals and refreshments on Fri and Sun, they open at 08h00 in the morning.

Catering: Light meals, a buffet style brekkie (boerie rolls, prego's, chips etc etc) will be on sale on the Sat for the event. You are encouraged to bring some meat to braai on the Sat night. Fires will be provided and the "bykos" will be supplied by the restaurant on a per person basis (costs to follow). The restaurant will also have a few braaipacks (limited stock) for sale on the night as well. Cash bar throughout the event, the bar will remain open in the evening. I will publish the final menu and pricing as soon as I have it.

Please note: No food/drinks vendors will be allowed on the day and visitors may not bring in their own coolerboxes for the day, with the exception of your braaimeat for the Sat evening. If you have a special diet/religious requirements, please contact Wilma (FAKT Restaurant) and make the necessary arrangements, she can be reached on 0h764912109. :)

A small kiddies play area with a Jumping castle will be operational on the day. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times please!!

Arrivals and Parking:

ATC will be in an advisory (AFIS) role on the Saturday. This will be NOTAMED shortly, so please read the Notam carefully re procedures. Parking will need to be disciplined so please follow the marshals to your designated parking area. The area in front of the Clubhouse is reserved for Aircraft Suppliers who are putting their aircraft on static display.
Visiting Fixed wings will be directed to the Southern parking area and Trikes/Gyros to the Mid runway parking area respectively. Once you have shut down, you may be asked by the marshal on duty to manoever the aircraft into a better position in terms of space. We ask for your patience and co operation in this regard to make sure that we make the most of the limited space we will have on the day.

Vehicles coming in through the gate will be directed to the Vehicle parking area as you drive in to FAKT. No parking up at the clubhouse please...except for Members with a disability or suppliers who have to "set up shop". If "granny" is coming along :) , you will be able to drop off that person at the clubhouse and then drive down to the parking area afterwards. Aviation related vendors will be allocated space on a first come first served basis in the Clubhouse parking lot where they can set up their stalls.

Both the MISASA EXCO and the Management of FAKT are looking forward to a great day planned. Keep an eye for regular updates on the arrangements.

We are certainly going to rock FAKT.....thug style! (!!)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 am

ZULU1 wrote:
Now where is the closest Hotel or boarding house ?
Still waiting for a list from FAKT of the closest lodges/guest houses Paul....but here is the FB page of the Kitty Hawk Lodge (on site)

https://www.facebook.com/KittyHawkLodge