Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."routing for the tower"

Postby BeanCounter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 am

Sounds gooood! vhpy 6AM take off?
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 am

BeanCounter wrote:Sounds gooood! vhpy 6AM take off?
Yip, the Aquilla squadron takes off at 6AM...The cobra Squadron takes off at 06h20 and routes via Delmas! :lol:

Just kidding dude.

See you on the threshold. (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 am

Weather looks ok guys. (!!) See you shortly....just need to guzzle down a few "cuppers" and I'm inbound for FABA. Taking up a newbie today...never flown before...in anything! :shock:

Time to blow his mind (!!) (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Well, PAX did not pitch up this morning :wink: ....you snooze you lose bud. ^

Lekker little sortie up north with Nick and Jaco to JAG and back.

Jaco's first "real" outing in his plane. Well done mate (^^) ...not bad for an accountant ^ ## There will be many more, I really enjoyed it.

Was nice and smooth as long as you stayed above 6500ft. :) Bit of a washing machine below that. :wink: "Bumpsfontein" really lived up to its name today....let's just say there were some really interesting landings. :lol: (^^)
Jag1012a.JPG
JAG1012b.JPG
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Flew to JAG this morning. Cows or some type of large fury animals on runway...re-routed to A3. Bumpy runway but ok. Same flight stats as yours Alan...bumpy and windy (**) but still great flying (^^) Thanks Feizel for the company...nice meeting your wife. Pse bring your thermos next time ## . Hope your cooling mixture is sorted. My Mag switches are sorted now. Problem was as expected. vhpy

Jaco, also great meeting your stukkie. Pleased to hear that your engine starts ok now :lol: :lol: . Rotax's are actually bullet proof (^^) Pitty you arived after we had taken off. We would have waited for you if we knew you were comming. :x Next time!

All Microlanders....please remember the Monthly Braai...Saturday, 20th October. (^^) Bring what you want to braai and your drinks. I will provide the heat and some salad. The facilities are so great...we must use them. Even in "bad" weather we close the sides of the Lapa...makes it very pleasant. vhpy Stallwart, Bundy, hope you can still make it. (^^) Stef, you going to make it this time...?

Cheers
Paul Mulder
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 am

Really enjoyed the flight to JAG on Sat, thanks Bundy & Nick (^^) It was also the first time I played with the GoPro, looking at the pic do you think there might be something wrong with my profile tube? It looks a little bent... :lol: :lol:
JAG.jpg
JAG.jpg (20.45 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
I'll tighten the nuts on the camera better next time. Invisible dot in the circle is Bundy leading the way.

I'm planning to go out on Wed/Thur morning for a quick flip if anyone's keen before Kitty Hawk on Sat. :)
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 am

Jaco!!! :shock:

Please order a new A frame and Profile tube immediately!!! How can you fly like that chom??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am

All Microlanders....please remember the Monthly Braai...Saturday, 20th October. (^^) Bring what you want to braai and your drinks. I will provide the heat and some salad. The facilities are so great...we must use them. Even in "bad" weather we close the sides of the Lapa...makes it very pleasant. vhpy Stallwart, Bundy, hope you can still make it. (^^) Stef, you going to make it this time...?

Cheers
Paul Mulder[/quote]

Thanks Paul, I will be there this time! puff
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
KlapperKnop
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby KlapperKnop » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am

BeanCounter wrote:Really enjoyed the flight to JAG on Sat, thanks Bundy & Nick (^^) It was also the first time I played with the GoPro, looking at the pic do you think there might be something wrong with my profile tube? It looks a little bent... :lol: :lol:
JAG.jpg
I'll tighten the nuts on the camera better next time. Invisible dot in the circle is Bundy leading the way.

I'm planning to go out on Wed/Thur morning for a quick flip if anyone's keen before Kitty Hawk on Sat. :)
Jaco, Sunday WX looks very good. Wed/Thurs WX looks not so good
ZU-DJE
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Guys

Thank you for a very nice flight saturday morning.
I got a lekker work out trying to keep up with Bundy :lol: :lol: while jaco looked very relaxed in the Cobra (^^)

Nick
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm

ya but this routing for the tower is getting outta hand. i think i must jus aswell come to the braai and talk to you fellas. what time duz it start. an i will bring flying wires for that bloke in da picture. his are verry slap
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 am

Not sure what time it starts Peter, I will be absent on this one due to my sons B Day party, where I will be entertaining 15 kids....ek gaan moet baie drink voor die tyd! :lol:

We usually start the fire at around 11am. (^^) I'm sure Mulder will keep you updated 8) Hopefully the weather will allow them to fly out somewhere in the morning before hand....has not been kind to us the last two months. :roll:

Guys just as a matter of interest.... Peter has the cleanest trike at Microland! He even lands on the grass when using 35 so as not to get mud on his spats :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 am

Thank you :oops: EJU has so many hours on and when she's so sparkly she passes the AP with flying colors :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am

peters wrote:what time duz it start.
Morning Peters. We can start between 9 & 10 am, vhpy depending on the weather and when the guys come back from their morning flight. When the headcount and concensus is we start, then we start. Fire will be available until lunch time. (^^) Non Microlanders are also very welcome & it is very much a family braai...bring your Granny. :lol:

Cheers Stef...good that you can make it. (^^) Die ander stallwarts...en julle weet wie julle is...ek maak staat op julle :lol: :lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:18 am

...and now for something completely different... :)

This was posted by a friend on FB....too funny not to share.

I had a teacher exactly like this! (Please make sure the kids are out of earshot! #$@$!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTTbFKE2yY

:lol: :lol: :lol: