THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."routing for the tower"

Postby Bundy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Oom Paul may I hereby welcome back the "oldest" and wisest member of the Vulture Squadron on his arrival back in the 3rd World. By now you must be so happy just to see a Doring Boom! :lol: Jy het seker n back flip gedoen toe jy jou trike gesien het! (^^)

Fanie and Mervyn will probably disagree with you.....they will prob say I'm more of a "Constipation" than an "inspiration" :wink: ^

Mark my words....I will be at Elands Camp before I reach Alexander bay. vhpy It will definately not take much to convince James to meet us there... (^^)
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Bundy wrote:Nice to see Jaco there and I got a chance to view his new baby. That Cobra is beautiful, congrats and hope you can fly her sooner rather than later. ## Dont forget that next week is our monthly braai. We are due at the Zynkraal Fly in early in the morning and then we can all head back to ML for a lekker Braai. (^^)
Thanks Bundy! (^^) The weather gods interrupted my last bit of training this week (again x8) so I'll probably still be grounded for the Zynkraal fly-in, but I'm happy to offer my services in the lapa. I make a so-so krummelpap but a darn good braai relish. If someone sends me a sms when you leave Zynkraal the fire will be ready by the time the planes are in their hangars.

En Oom Paul, I haven't had the priviledge to meet you yet but I love your stories on the forum, hope I get to visit Elands soon! (^^)
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 am

Hi Jaco, will be great to have you there so we can all officially welcome you and the Cobra. (^^)

Well, I will have my lightie with me on Sat Morning as Mrs Bundy is busy....this means no flying for me guys. Will hang back at ML with Jaco and await your return from Zynkraal. Normally I would argue with the ball and chain but hell guys, she is giving me 3 weeks to myself next year so cant complain haha. ^ (^^)

Stef will take DBP to Zynkraal with the rest. See you all on Sat (^^)
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 am

Hi Bundy

I would love to join you guys this weekend.
Is there anything i can bring along to help? :?:

Nick
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:35 pm

NickSwardt wrote:Hi Bundy

I would love to join you guys this weekend.
Is there anything i can bring along to help? :?:

Nick
Lekker Nick thats great man (^^)

Fire is provided.... just bring whatever you want to braai and maybe a small salad? If everyone brings a little "Bykos" there is then plenty for everyone. You must also bring your own cooldrink or preferred poison :twisted: ^ Wife, kids, friends welcome. :)

You gonna join the rest of the gang and go to Zynkraal for the fly in? (!!) Jaco and I will start the fire a little later. (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 am

NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 am

Hi Bundi

That is the plan, if the weather plays along! -0<
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:17 am

I hope so Nick...weather looking a bit "gagapoefies" for Sat. :(
Let's hope that compulsive liar at the Met office got it wrong!

Well, there is one advantage to that though....we get to crack the beers earlier (^^) :lol:
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Bundy wrote: Well, there is one advantage to that though....we get to crack the beers earlier (^^) :lol:
If the weather keeps this up I think I know what I'm doing with the spare fridge at home..can't let all that hangar space go to waste vhpy (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

hmmm...ja no Paul Mulder also had theories about a fridge...Old Hans gets grumpy when he hears this! :wink: ^ :lol:

Got some "additions" I want to discuss with you all on Sat. Want to upgrade the braai area... (^^) Hans says we can do as we please as long as it dont cost HIM money. :lol: :wink:

Old Bugger's just got his Savannah on the brain!!! ^
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:47 am

Shhhhhh....dont tell anyone guys.....Jaco finally got his licence yesterday! Too much to be celebrating on Sat. :lol:

Baie baie geluk Jaco. Uiteindelik!!! (^^)

Wish you 1000's of hours of happy, safe, and fun flying. (^^)

Well done (^^) (!!)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:44 am

Veels geluk Jaco. (^^) (^^) Soory that the Cobra conversion did not work out this morning. :-? I still think your engine is somehow not developing full power and that is why she wont rev higher than 5850 rpm. I would check out everything before you change the prop pitch. :(> Hope Ivegot the right Jaco? ** The one with the Silver Cobra?

Dit was winderig maar ek het lekker vanogend gevlieg. vhpy Airmagic Chatterbox is now fitted and works well. =D* Weird not having to break squelch to talk. Will have to get use to that. :-D

Will see you all tomorrow morning. I asked the Springs guys to join us, but their tar runway has been closed for the last two weeks for repairs, so they want to fly tomorrow ## . Wx does not look good though... I am not jinkxing anything Bundy...windguru says so and, look, this morning they predicted low winds and it was so...
Attachments
wx.jpg
Weekend WX Microland
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks Menere! Must say it's a very nice feeling to have the licence done.
I'm a little annoyed with my slangetjie, finally thought I'd get to fly her this morning and suddenly 3 previously-unknown problems popped up within 5 minutes. Another week in the hangar then... :?

I'll bring extra cold ones tomorrow to celebrate my pending financial demise going into this game :lol:
See you at the lapa
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Ja guys, Mulder is prob right, I think flying is outta the question...sleep lekker late boyz, I'll see you all at around 9am.

Welcome to aviation Jaco...always something that needs attention! But dont stress, this is part of the fun meneer and remember...if you look after her, she will look after you! (^^) Lots of good help around at ML....that trike will be running perfect in no time. (!!)
Cacofonix
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Cacofonix » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 am

Het Bundy. NICE BADGE. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Man small...why fall?..Skies call...that's all.
ZU-EJU